April 27, 2015
Creation & The Revelation of God
Nature is filled with spiritual lessons for mankind. The flowers die only to spring forth into new life; and in this we are taught the lesson of the resurrection. All who love God will bloom again in the Eden above. But nature can not teach the lesson of the great and marvelous love of God. Therefore, after the fall, nature was not the only teacher of man. In order that the world might not remain in darkness, in eternal spiritual night, the God of nature met us in Jesus Christ. The Son of God came to the world as the revelation of the Father. He was that "true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." We are to behold "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (Ellen White, Review and Herald, Nov. 8, 1898.)
Wexford County Jail Bond Referendum
Important: PhysicalGenesis Surveys
Remember; parents, students, and teachers are asked to participate in the study. Before students may do so, however, parents must:
- Give parental consent for your student(s) to participate in the study
- Complete a parental survey
Your active participation will make this study a success and lead us to improve the health of our students. The North American Division of Education will use the results to improve the school program as well as to market Adventist Education to families.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help!
The Michigan Conference has established a fund to financially assist needy students at all levels of Adventist education. If you would like an application for this Scholarship Fund because you are experiencing a real financial need, please keep the following in mind:
There are limited funds for distribution, so please pick up and turn in your application as soon as possible.
Funds awarded for the 2015-2016 school year will be paid directly to the school:
A. The student must remain enrolled to receive these funds.
B. No funds will be released until after 2nd semester begins.
The notification of awarded funds will be announced as soon as possible. It is the plan to notify each applicant, and the school they are attending, on or before August 10, 2015.
Applications must be postmarked on or before May 13, 2015. A student letter and a grade report need to be submitted with the application.
- Letters of recommendation need to be emailed or postmarked on or before May 13, 2015. Applications without recommendations have a lower chance of being selected. Letters should include information about the applicant’s academic performance, history, reason for need, and any other sources of assistance.
- Applications may picked up at the Northview SDA school office.
School Spirit Week
This week is our school spirit week, and here are the details:
Monday: Historical Figure Day
- Dress as your favorite historical figure! This may be from any historical time period, Bible times included, and from any culture or country. Please choose someone you could aspire to be like as a Christian young person.
Tuesday: Sports/Hobby Day
- Dress in your favorite sports or hobby attire! Wear a sports jersey, your baseball uniform, or dress for a backpacking trip or horse riding adventure!
Wednesday: Pajama Day
- Come in your comfiest (modest) PJs! Bring a pillow and a blanket (for games, not sleeping)! Students also finished earning a Popcorn Party last week (congratulations!), and we will enjoy relaxing at the afternoon party.
Thursday: Crazy Hair Day/Mismatch Day
- The sky is the limit here! Crazy hair and mismatched clothes. How clash-y can you be? A word of caution: your hair must be back to normal (style and color) by Friday!
Friday: Hawaii Day (please note change) & Happy Birthday, Madeline!
- Enjoy school in the islands! Come in your shorts, grass skirt, hawaiian shirt, and lei. Here's your chance to wear flip flops or sandals and bring your favorite tropical fruit to share!
- We will be going out in the neighborhood for Bible Labs, so please make sure to also bring weather-appropriate clothes for this event.
Students are welcome to wear hats Monday, Tuesday, and Friday! For students who choose not to participate in the day's activities, regular uniform is required.
- This month we will focus on good manners. Check your calendar for daily activities! :)
- Pray for our prayer partner every time you eat a meal this month. When you are saying the blessing before your meal, remember to ask the Lord to bless your prayer partner.
Our Week in Pictures
We'll Miss You!
Pastor Chitwood and students pose in front of the farewell banner on his last worship time with us at school. He says, "Come visit me in the Primary department at camp meeting!"
Animal Shelter Bible Lab
Thanks to all who donated cleaning supplies and money to support the Missaukee Animal Shelter! They were very appreciative, and we enjoyed visiting the animals.
Congratulations, Luke! :D
We pray you continue to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).
We'll Miss You!
Animal Shelter Bible Lab
We Are Learning
Topics and Themes
- Bible: Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and ascension (1-4); Signs of the End & The Great Disappointment.
- Mathematics: For current topics and practice materials, please use links below.
- Daily Routine: Spelling Lists and activities are accessible through Spelling City (see below). We also practice cursive handwriting and grammar.
- Reading: Comprehension and fluency strategies as we read The Gardener (1-2), Julius (3-4), and A Single Shard (5-8). Self-selected reading (SSR) is coupled with daily response logs. At times we use RAZ Kids (see link below). Teacher username is egraham11; students know passwords so may access books at home.
- Writing: Students will be working on "How-To" (1-4) and Opinion (5-8) Essays.
- Social Studies: African geography and cultures; country research projects.
- Science: Forms & uses of energy.
- Spanish: La Escuela.
Weekly Memory Verses
- Grades 1-4: John 14:1-3 (Review)
- Grades 5-8: Mark 13:28, 29
- Grades 3-8 will be asked to write their memory verse for the Friday test.