March 22, 2019
Knoxville CSD Make-Up Days
In case you missed it: Here is our plan for make-up days as of 2.26.2019. All calendars have been updated on our website to reflect the schedule changes:
- Academic Calendar (one page)
- District Calendar (choose from multiple format options; view in web browser or via the Google Calendar mobile app)
As a reminder, our 2019-2020 Academic Calendar is also posted to help you plan for next year.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa @ the district office at 641-842-6551 opt. 1 or email@example.com.
Notifications for School Delays & Cancellations
In order to receive notifications regarding weather cancellations and/or delays or changes to district activities, please subscribe to the GovDelivery service. Signing up is easy at: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IAEDU3375/subscriber/new. Screenshots are pictured below of the subscription process. If you need assistance, please contact: Lisa.Willis@kcsd.k12.ia.us or 641-842-6551 opt 1.
2019-2020 Knoxville CSD Calendar
Jessica Metz, Holly Burkhart, Tracy Reynolds, Holly VanWyk, Carol Brown, Renee Marshall, Daphne Pearson, Nicole VanderLinden, Bailey Nichols and Casie Vernon
Your help makes the book fair run smoothly! Thank you!
If your child had a book that had to be ordered from the book fair and has not received it yet, there is a good reason as the books are coming from Omaha, Nebraska which is dealing with major flooding. Please be patient. We will send books home as soon as they are received.
From the Northstar PBIS Team
Northstar Students Taught Behavior & Social Skills
Each week Northstar elementary students are taught a social skill and a school-wide expectation. These skills are reinforced throughout the week by all the staff in the building. If you want to reinforce the social skill of the week at home, follow our Facebook page Northstar Elementary. We post the social skill of the week every Monday morning!
Examples of Taught Social Skills: Getting the teacher’s attention, greeting others, asking for help, appropriate voice tone, accepting “no” for an answer, making an apology, disagreeing appropriately, working with others, accepting compliments, etc.
Examples of School-Wide Common Areas: Hallway, lining up, lunchroom, bathroom, playground, and bus.
6th Grade Science News - Crayon Rocks
Earlier this year, the students learned what is needed to form sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous rocks using crayons.
After the "weathering" process of rocks breaking into smaller pieces. Below are a couple of sample picture models showing some of the similarities and differences of sedimentary (pressure/water) , metamorphic heat and pressure), and igneous lots of heat and pressure) rocks when they are formed.
Driver Education is offered at Knoxville High School through Triple ‘R’ Driving School. There will be two summer sessions offered:
- The 1st summer session will begin Monday, June 3rd and conclude on Saturday, June 15th. This session will include classroom hours every day (Mon-Fri) for three hours (8-11am).
- The 2nd summer session will begin Monday, July 22nd and conclude on Saturday, August 3rd. This session will include classroom hours every day (Mon-Fri) for three hours (8-11am).
Families who wish to enroll their student should complete the registration form and return the bottom portion to the high school or middle school office, or mail the registration form to the address listed on the form.
For those families who qualify for free or reduced tuition, please indicate that on the bottom of the registration form you turn it (write “free” or “reduced” on form). As a reminder, in order to receive the free and reduced benefit, students must take drivers education through the school affiliated provider (Triple ‘R’).
If you have any questions concerning the summer driver education program at Knoxville High School, please contact Ryan Rump at 319-470-6975, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Alert - Upcoming Scholarships
List of scholarships due in March in order of deadline:
- March 22 – Southwest Iowa Foundation Scholarship - https://sites.google.com/site/swiowaef/application
- March 30 – LDA-IA - http://ldaiowa.org/
- March 28 – REACH Educational Grant Program - http://programs.applyists.com/reach/
- March 28 – Work Ethic Scholarship Program - https://www.mikeroweworks.org/scholarship/
- March 30 – Iowa Hospital Scholarship - http://www.iowahospitalscholarships.org/
- March 31 – HBA Scholarship Program - http://hbaiowa.org/about-the-hba-iowa/scholarship-information/
- March 31 – LNESC - https://www.lnesc.org/
- March 31 – LULAC 10 Scholarship - http://www.lulac10.org/?page_id=5
- March 31 – Mesothelioma Alliance Scholarship - https://www.mesothelioma.com/scholarship/
- March 31 – P. Buckley Moss Society Scholarship - http://mossfoundation.org/current_scholarships.html
- March 31 – Young American Patriotic Art Contest - https://vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships/young-american-creative-patriotic-art-contest/
If you have any questions about the scholarship process, or any other part of your journey, give us a call at 877-272-4692 or email ICAN@ICANsucceed.org.
Rec Center Spring Deadlines
To Purchase & Customize Your Yearbook
Must be a parent or student 13 years or older.
Enter your school’s passcode: 1015064502971783
Regular Price: $18.00 Deadline: Apr 9
Marion County Public Health
KCSD ADMIN. OFFICE
Stay connected by frequenting our website or following us on social media!
- High School: www.facebook.com/KHSPanthers/ & twitter.com/KHS_Panthers
- Middle School: www.facebook.com/PanthersKMS/ & twitter.com/Panthers_KMS
- Northstar: www.facebook.com/NorthstarElementary/ & twitter.com/MrKeitges
- West: www.facebook.com/knoxvillewestelementary/ & twitter.com/pantherswest
Rate us on greatschools.org!