Vol. 1:1 - 2015
YSIE April Meeting: Small but Mighty
Also indicate if your institution would be interested in hosting on one of the available dates.
Once Upon a Reader - Cow Visits Southeast Minnesota!
Camp Read-a-Lot 2015 Registration Open
Summer Reading Programs
- Free Kids Stuff from Summer Reading Programs for Kids - help from non-library resources
- The Magic of Isaiah Foster - LaCrosse based, affordable magician
- Scholastic Books Warehouse Sales - cheap way to purchase books for incentives (Bookmark this for future events!)
- Scholastic Literacy Partnerships - more book discounts
CSLP & iREAD, the two programs that folks work with in our region have also subtlely shared their future themes so keep these in mind when thinking about the next few years.
- 2016 - Wellness, Fitness, Sports (fits with the Summer Olympics)
- 2017 - Build a Better World
- 2018 - Music
- 2016 - Read for the Win! -- Sports, Athleticism (fits with the Summer Olympics)
- 2017 - Reading by Design -- Engineering, Architecture
Believe It. Build It - Minnesota's Guide to Effective Afterschool Practices
1. Presenting at the EPIC Conference in Willmar on June 4th.
2. Hosting NW MN Regional Meeting in Detroit Lakes on June 15th
3. Hosting SE MN Regional Meeting in Rochester on June 23rd
4. Hosting NE MN Regional Meeting in Duluth on June 24th
Along with connecting with fellow youth workers, each meeting will include:
- Lunch or light snacks
- Introduction to Believe It. Build It. – Minnesota’s Guide to Effective Afterschool Practices, and discussion on how to best put it to use for stakeholders in your region.
- Update and next steps on statewide afterschool funding legislation
- Building and connecting afterschool program providers to quality resources and trainings
Our mailing address is:
615 1st Ave NE
Suite 125, Ignite Afterschool, c/o Youthprise
Minneapolis, MN 55413