Job Interview Process
By: Brennin Leach
Before the Interview
- Practice how you will answer the questions
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Research the company
- Plan your route to the place you are interviewing at
Job Interview Tips - How to Prepare For a Job Interview
During the Interview
- Greet with a firm hand shake
- Maintain eye contact
- Be polite
- Answer their questions fully and honestly
Interview Tips - The Top 5 Job Interview Tips You NEED To Pay Attention To
5 Common Interview Questions and Tips on Answering
- Q: Tell me about yourself. A: Start with a couple experiences you have that make you the best fit for the job. Then end with your past work experience.
- Q: What do you know about the company? A: Express all the information you researched about the company.
- Q: Why do you want the job? A: Give a couple examples of tasks at the job that you have the abilities to complete. Then say why you love the company.
- Q: How did you hear about the position? A: Tell the employer how you heard about the position and how excited you were to apply.
- Q: Why should we hire you? A: Sell your skills and yourself to the interviewer.
Job Interview Tips - Job Interview Questions and Answers
After the Interview
- Thank the interviewer for their time
- Give another firm hand shake
- Write a thank-you letter to send after the interview
- Ask any questions you have from the interview
Work Search - What Should I Do After an Interview?
Dressing for the Interview
- Clothes should be clean and tidy
- Hair should be clean and groomed
- Avoid flashy colored clothes
How to Dress for Your Interview
- Use phone during interview
- Ask unrelated questions
- Be rude or disrespectful
What Not To Do During A Job Interview