South Row's Home Link
Week of: March 7th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
This coming week is the Book Fair! Family night is Wednesday March 9th from 4:00 to 6:30.
We will be having an ALICE drill this coming week. More detailed communication was sent in separate cover but can also be found here.
International Festival registration is open. Please consider participating.
Thank you to those who have helped organize and chose to participate in the Science Fair. Videos will available for viewing on Friday March 11th.
Terri and Jayson
Week at a Glance
- Book Fair Week Begins ~ Students shop during library
- Book Drive continues!
- Kindness Matters Day ~ Students encouraged to wear kindness shirts and/or engage in a kind act during the day
- School Council Meeting, 5:30pm - CANCELLED
- PTO Board Meeting, 6:30pm
- PTO Meeting, 7:00pm -Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.https://meet.goto.com/381636101.You can also dial in using your phone.United States: +1 (224) 501-3412 Access Code: 381-636-101
- End of Term 2 for Grades 1-4
Book Fair Family Shopping Night, 4-6:30pm
Book "Drive" ends
- Chelmsford/South Row Spirit Day
- Science Fair Virtual Presentation will be shared
- Student Grade Level Meetings w/ Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho - Monday, March 14th
- K Curious Creatures Enrichment Program, Tuesday, March 15th
- Therapy Dog Visit - Tuesday, March 15th - (Duncan, Sbordy, Patriquin, Krasnovsky Stagnone) - subject to change
- Happy St. Patrick's Day, Thursday, March 17th
- Choralfest, Performing Arts Center - Saturday, March 19th, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Gr. 2 Wingmasters Enrichment (rescheduled), Monday, March 21st
CPS K-12 Youth Art Month Exhibit: The Chelmsford Library is hosting our K-12 art show through the month of March. Families are welcome to visit at any point after March 4 to see the student artwork. The McCarthy Meeting Room (where the hanging artwork will be) will be open to the public on Mondays through Thursdays from 9:30 am – 8:15 pm, Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 am – 4:45 pm, and on Sundays from 1pm – 4:45 pm. We hope you can check it out!
Reminders/ Updates for the Week
Winter Weather: As a reminder, we try to get outside for recess daily. Please be sure students have a jacket, hat, and gloves. To walk on the snow, students also need to be wearing boots. To play in the snow, students need to be wearing snow pants. Please practice putting them on/and off to support our staff.
Virtual Science Fair: Thank you to the many students/families for engaging in the Virtual Science Fair. We will be sharing out projects to the community along with ribbons next week.
Resources from Dr. Rich: Please click on the link to review" Resilience in a time of war: Tips for parents and teachers of elementary school children".
Book Fair Update:
- Great job so far on the book drive to benefit UpWithBooks! We have collected over 2,000 books so far! An update on which classes are in the lead will be provided Monday morning. The top 3 classes to collect the most books will win Scholastic Dollars for their class library. The last day to bring in your donation of GENTLY used children’s and young adult books is Wednesday 3/9.
- It's finally here! Next week is our Scholastic Book Fair! The Book Fair Committee is still in need of volunteers to help students at the fair and especially with set-up and break down. Please use the link to see available volunteer openings or email us. Thanks for your support! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4dafaa29aaffcf8-2022
- Flyers with info about the fair went home in your child’s backpack this week. Children will have the opportunity to shop the fair during their regularly scheduled library specialist block. A “Family Shopping” event will occur on Wednesday 3/9 from 4-6:30 pm. We kindly ask families to do their best to adhere to the suggested shopping times to avoid crowding, but nobody will be turned away, regardless of when they arrive. We’ve even got some fun door prizes, raffles, and hope to have some of the science fair posters on display. We look forward to seeing you there! Questions about the fair or volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Spirit Days
- Culture Spirit Day, Friday, March 25th
Monthly Kind Act
Book Drive: We will be hosting a Book Drive to support UpWithBooks, www.upwithbooks.org, a local non-profit here in Chelmsford. The book drive will take place from February 28 (M) - March 9 (Wed). UpWithBooks provides books to children in poverty and promotes reading & literacy. Please consider supporting this organization by donating GENTLY used children's books. The 3 classes that collect the most books will win Scholastic Dollars for their class to use at the book fair!
Dear South Row Families,
I hope everyone had a fun February vacation!
As you know our masking policy has changed. I know that for some of you this presents a difficult situation. The students here at South Row continue to impress me with their kindness toward each other and respect for each individual’s choice. Here is a reminder of when a mask is recommended or required:
A face covering that covers the nose and mouth is strongly recommended to be worn by individuals who remain unvaccinated or are otherwise immunocompromised in school buildings, and on school grounds, even when social distancing is observed.
Students and staff returning from a 5-day quarantine following a positive COVID-19 test must follow strict mask use, other than when eating, drinking, or outside, and conduct active monitoring for symptoms, through day 10 following symptoms or positive test date.
Unvaccinated close contacts must wear a mask at school for days 6-10 after exposure.
Masks will be required in all school health offices.
Dr. Lang announced on Wednesday, March 2nd that masks will now be optional on the school bus. Please see his communication for more details.
At Home Test Kits:
If you would like to sign up for free Covid Tests to be send home biweekly from the school, please click this link: Student and Staff Opt In/Register for At Home Antigen Testing Program
If you signed up but would like to opt out, please email me at email@example.com
Third Grade Physicals
Please continue to send in your third graders updated physicals. If you have already done so, thank you!
International Festival Information
3.1.22 School Committee Meeting
March PTO Meeting
Please join us for our next PTO meeting on Monday, March 7, at 7:00pm. The meeting will be held virtually. You can join the meeting with the following link:
PTO Meeting - March
Mon, Mar 7, 2022 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (EST)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 381-636-101
Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://meet.goto.com/install
There are a few roles that we are seeking volunteers for:
Our May meeting with Board elections will be here before you know it! Each Board position (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer) are elected annually, so if any position interests you, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Every year the 3rd graders enjoy a special day of STEM activities - Engineering Day. If you are interested in helping out, please contact your 3rd grade teacher or Denille Ruth at email@example.com.
Teacher Appreciation Lunch Committee and Chair/co-Chair
We are bringing back the big staff luncheon this year! Every year the PTO takes over the gym for a day in May to show our staff just how much they mean to us with a big themed potluck lunch complete with decorations and swag. It is probably the most fun committee you could be part of. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the party!
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Therapy Dog visit before break!
Pride Shout Outs
Fun before vacation!
Lots of books being donated (3,500 so far) Thanks Mrs. Ruth & Book Fair Team!
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1