April 7, 2014
Quote of the Week
“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
1st Annual Cesar Chavez Service
Thanks to all teachers for leading a service project with your students last week. Serving one’s community has the potential to change perspectives and lives and it is what it means to be an Esperanza Scholar.
- Please talk with students about the letter going home on Monday regarding "stranger danger."
- Please ensure that side doors to the school (e.g. d-pod) are closed during the day and let Officer Scott or Mr. Jacques know when they are not.
- D-pod teachers, please tell students to never prop the d-pod door open. After-school program students should never leave the building to buy food an return. This compromises their safety and the safety of other students.
- Officer Scott waits out front with students during pick-up time and escorts students that have not been picked up to the office to call their parents. No student should wait outside alone.
Core Value of the Week
- I show determination. I work hard to meet my goals.
- Demuestro determinación. Trabajo arduamente para lograr mis metas.
- Monday Meeting on the Patio at 8:30.
- 5th Grade parent meeting at 3:00 in the auditorium.
- ILT: Common Core Institute from 4-7 at La Escuelita
- K-1 Reading Assembly: 8:40 – 9:20.
- Dual Language Leadership Meeting: 3:00 – 4:00.
- COST Meeting at 9:20
- PD – 2:30 – 3:45: Week 1 of Reading Cycle
- Unidos por Esperanza Meeting (Classroom Reps) at 8:45 in the Auditorium
- Mr. Jacques off site after 12:30
- Potluck Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- School Site Council at 8:45 in Cafeteria (teachers will be released by subs)
- Spring Break Begins!!!