New Special Education Trainings
Join Us at ASDC & Online for New Staff Development Sessions!
Welcome to the Spring 2016 “Tools for an Effective Special Education Program” mini-training camp!
Note: These training sessions are scheduled to be offered in the summer (and some will be offered in an online format). Attendees coming into these sessions may be part of a focus group.
Eight Different Sessions Are Available!
Saturday, February 6, 2016
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: Using Google Apps for the Special Education Program Support Group
12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Taking Google Apps for Education to the Next Level: Tricks and Tips for Special Education Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
Saturday, February 20, 2016
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: Spicing up Small-Group Instruction: Intervention Tools for Students at Risk
12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Motivating Struggling Students: Creating Student-Led Projects Focused on Future Careers
Saturday, February 27, 2016
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: Invest in Your Future: Creating an Invest Portfolio for Special Education teachers using Google Drive
12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Whoa, We Can Do That?!: Using Google Forms to Collect Data on Academics and Behavior
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: More than Just a Video and a Quiz: BrainPop! for the Special Education program
- 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Share and Help: Support Session for the Tools for an Effective Special Education Program Mini-Training Camp
Want to earn CPE online? No problem! Courses are available online!
Course Code: Q4ZPT-F23H8
Data drives instruction. After reviewing the data from eduphoria! and other sources of information (e.g. common formative assessments, major tests, quizzes, group discussions), we can find specific TEKS for the students to improve on and pinpoint the students who are at risk of failing. This online course will focus on three tools to help these students show growth on any TEKS.
Using Google Apps for the Special Education Program: The Foundations
Course Code: ZHHF4-FKVNQ
The hottest session is now available online! Topics will include:
- Google Calendar: Creating events for co-teachers meetings and pre-ARD meetings
- Google Drive and related apps (Docs, Slides, and Sheet): Creating and storing instructional materials to fit the Special Education student's needs (as per their accommodations and modifications) and for all of the students in the classroom in addition to collecting data for IEPs
- Google Forms: Documenting behavior and academic progress for IEPs and related services (e.g. counseling and early intervention behavior referrals)