Read "Owl"bout It
Welcome Back Newsletter!
Important Reminders/Save the Date:
May 29th: Memorial Day, there will be no school Monday
June 2nd and June 3rd: Sixth Grade Musical at 7:00 pm
June 6th (rain date June 8th): Field Day
June 9th: Walk 4 WES
June 15th: Art Show from 5-6:30 in the gym. All families welcome.
June 21st: 6th grade graduation party will take place from 5:00-7:00 in the gym
June 22nd: 6th grade graduation at 1:00 pm
June 22nd and 23rd: half days for the students with 11:50 dismissal
June 23rd: Last day of school
LAST WEEK FOR DONATIONS
6th Grade Musical Update:
May 29-June 2- TBO-O Rehearsal Schedule
- Tues. 5/30- In-school tech rehearsal for 6th graders; dismissal at 3:05.
- Wed. 5/31- After school performance. Full cast and crew 3 - 4:45
- Thu. 6/1- Two performances during the school day- dismissal at 3:05.
- Fri. 6/2 and Sat. 6/3- Public performance at 7 p.m., Cast and Crew arrive at 6 p.m.
Happy birthday to William and Rory! A copy of Get on the Ice, Mo! by David A. Adler was donated to the library in William's honor. A copy of Creepy Crayon by Aaron Reynolds was donated in Rory's honor. The birthday book program is over for this school year, but if you would like to donate a book in honor of a student's birthday or other special occasion to be ready for the beginning of next year, please click here to learn more.
Rainbow Club Meeting Dates
- June 14th from 3:05-4
- We are looking for volunteers to help coordinate Walk 4 WES and to help at Field Day. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested!
- Field Day Volunteers NEEDED
- Please click the link to sign up to volunteer.
- We are looking for 24 volunteers for each section. If you can do only one session, great! If more, even better. There are 13 activities that Mr. Burdick has planned for the with hopefully 1-2 volunteers per activity. The older kids grades 3-6 will be in the morning session, with the younger kids Pre-K to 2nd grade in the afternoon. So if you want to sign up with your child for a field day you know which session to pick.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Walk 4 WES will be held on June 9th
- Field Day will be taking place on June 6th (rain date June 8th)
LIKE our WES PTO Facebook Page for up to date information.
To JOIN our PTO email: email@example.com
2023-2024 Academic Calendar
- UPDATED- Construct Your Own Meaning: Summer Youth Fellowship at the Williams College Museum of Art
- The WCMA is extending the deadline for the summer fellowship opportunity to May 30th, and they will be opening it up to ages 10-18
- The Williams College Museum of Art is hosting a free eight-day fellowship (July 26–August 3) for students ages 10-18 this summer. The group will work together to make a public tour of their Remixing the Hall exhibition featuring work from the museum's permanent collection. Participants will get behind-the-scenes access to all parts of the museum, and each participant will receive an art kit valued at $75 in exchange for their participation.
- There are seven spots available. Apply here
- Chess Club
- Chess Club is back! Please use the link above for more information.
- There is also a tournament at the Bennington Free Library on June 3rd. Please click here for more information.
- Bonnie Lea Farm's Summer Riding Program
- HORSES: Learn to ride or improve your equitation under USHJA Certified Trainer and Williams Equestrian Coach, Lisa DeMayo.
- Summer Science Lab 2023
- Williams College is hosting Summer Science Lab for current 4th, 5th, and 6th graders this summer. This week-long hands-on science experimentation runs the week of July 10-14, 2023 and July 17-21, 2023 from 9:00-3:00. Scholarships are available.
- REGISTER HERE
- This excellent hands-on science camp run by Chemistry faculty, Chip Lovett and Dave Richardson, at Williams College uses the fully equipped Chemistry Labs at Williams and the help of Williams students and two Berkshire County middle school teachers – Tim Herrmann and Stephen Bechtel. Join us for chemical mystery exploration and experimentation!
- Mountainside Soccer Academy
- The Soccer Academy at Williams will operate under a new name, Mountainside Soccer Academy
- Berkshire County Summer Camps, Enrichment, & Activities
- Pine Cobble Summer Camp Age 2 years and 9 months-4 years old