December 6, 2019
Pre-ACT and PSAT Test Results
Student scores from our “Super Wednesday” testing in October are starting to arrive. Sophomores will receive printouts from the Pre-ACT test in their English classes next week, and juniors can check their results from the PSAT test online through the College Board. Paper copies of PSAT results will be available after winter break and will be distributed in the commons during lunches.
Both tests provide valuable information to help students, parents and educators make important decisions for future classes and post-graduation activities. Thank you for taking time to review these results with your students. If you have any questions about college entrance exams, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your student’s counselor. Information is also available on the College Planning Page.
Our Career Center also has a wide variety of college and career planning resources for all grade levels to assist students in identifying their strengths and interests, as well as test preparation resources. Students can find local test preparation options or even borrow SAT/ACT prep books. Our Career Center specialist Connie Kelly is available to assist both students and families.
We are truly committed to ensure all students are prepared for their next steps as they graduate from BHS as stated in the Bellingham Promise mission: We collectively commit that our students are cared for and respected, and that they will graduate from our schools prepared for success in the global community. Each will be exceptional in his or her own way, with strong character, a passion for learning, and ready for the widest range of educational and vocational options to support a diversity of life choices.
Linda Wise Miller, BHS Principal
Volunteer Club Prepares for Care Package Drive
2019 Fall Reading Challenge - Winners!
Congratulations to our 2019 Fall Reading Challenge Champions: The Raiderade of Hegarty/Philip! They earned a celebratory popcorn party.
Congratulations also to our individual winners randomly selected from the pool of students who read for 20 or more days in November and turned in completed bookmarks to the BHS Library:
- Keira Gellys - Divergent Series Complete Box Set
- Corinn VanWoerden - $25 Village Books Gift Card
- Kaden Taylor - $25 Village Books Gift Card
- Solomon Dixon - $25 Village Books Gift Card
- Anna Brubaker - $25 Village Books Gift Card
Thanks to the PTSA and the Melton family for providing prizes for this year's Reading Challenge.
Fall Sports - BHS Athletes earn All-Conference Honors
- Honorable Mention - Hope McFall
- Honorable Mention - Amya Cook
BOYS’ TENNIS: District Champions - Qualified for State Tournament (in Spring 2020)
- COLM SCHAEFER – 1ST TEAM
- NOAH GIESE – 1ST TEAM
- MANNY DEPALMA – 1ST TEAM
- TREVOR JOHNSON – 1ST TEAM
- BAY GREGORY – 2ND TEAM
- STEFAN SKRINNIK – 2ND TEAM
- Diving: Makenna Pittman (2nd Team)
- Carley Preator (3rd Team)
- 100 Fly: Nyla O’Brien (3rd Team)
- 100 Breast: Nyla O’Brien (3rd Team)
- 400 Free Relay: (3rd Team)
Boys Cross Country: 2nd in District, 4th in State
- 1st Team - Caleb Schmotzer
- 1st Team - Will Giesen
- 1st Team - Jensen Kintzele
- 2nd Team - Paden Loveland
- Honorable Mention - Andrew Strobel
Girls Cross Country: District Champions, 2nd in State
- Northwest Conference MVP - Livi Lackland Henry
- NWC Girls Cross Country Coach of the Year - Bill McClement
- 1st Team - Gillian Spilker
- 2nd Team - Izabelle Anderson
- Honorable Mention - Kate Giesen
- Honorable Mention - Skye Saling
Football: Will be announced after the State Championship games this weekend and included in next week's Raider Record.
Free immunization and flu shot clinic, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 4-6 p.m.
Free immunization and flu shot clinic, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 4-6 p.m.: PeaceHealth is opening a new clinic in Fairhaven Plaza at 3125 Old Fairhaven Parkway. On Wednesday, Dec. 11 the clinic will offer free immunizations to school-aged children, plus flu immunizations for all recommended ages (fee may apply, but is typically free with insurance). Please see peaceheath.org/fairhaven-plaza for more information, and consult with your health care provider if you have questions.