Anderson Weekly News! 4/25/23
What's your Superpower? Mindfulness!
Dates to Remember
- Mon. April 24th - RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION OPENS (Fill it out now!)
- Mon. April 24th-28th - Anderson Spirit Week
- Wed. April 26th PTO Dine out Fundraiser Buona Beef
- Wed. April 26th - Early Release - 2:10 dismissal
- Wed. May 3rd -Beginning Orchestra Concert at Norris Cultural Arts Center 6:00
- Wed. May 3rd - 4th and 5th Grade Orchestra Concert at Norris Cultural Arts Center 7:30
- Thurs. May 4th PTO Meeting at 7:00 pm
- Fri. May 5th - Teacher Appreciation Day
- Fri. May 5th - Public Library visit
- Friday May 5th - D303 Choir performance at Norton Creek 6:00 - 7:00
- Sat. May 6th - PTO Dine Out Fundraiser - Salsa Verde
- Tues/ & Wed May 9th and 10th - Orchestra Informational Meeting for 2nd grade families
- Wed. May 10th - 5th grade classes- Wredling Visit
- Thurs May 18th Meet the Band Instruments Event FOR 4TH GRADE STUDENTS ONLY
- Friday May 19th - Family Picnic Day! (More details Coming Soon! Save the Date!)
- Sat. May 20th - Run Club 5 K Event 8:00 am start time
- Tues. May 23rd Talent Show 6:00 pm
- Thurs. May 25th Power AMP/ Field Day 8:00 - 3:00
- Fri. May 26th 5th Grade Hero Breakfast 8:30 - 10:00
- Fri. May 26th - 5th Grade River Bend Picnic
- Fri. May 26th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Do you know what you're feeding your children tomorrow night? I do!
Teacher's Pet Competition.
Tues. May 9th/ Wed. May 10th informational Orchestra meeting -2nd grade parents
ORCHESTA RECRUITMENT FOR 2ND GRADERS (GOING INTO 3RD GRADE)
Calling all 2nd grade musicians!
Over the next few weeks, every current 2nd grader will get the chance to hear a performance by members of our school orchestra AND try each of the instruments offered in our orchestra program: Violin, Viola, Cello, and Bass. Nearly 1,000 children across D303 elementary schools are involved in our elementary orchestra program!
If your child is interested in joining us, please mark your calendar for our NEW Orchestra Parent Information meeting! At the virtual meeting, you will meet your orchestra director, learn details about the program, how to register, and how to rent an instrument. Each meeting will present the same information, so please join us when you can. We look forward to meeting with you. Please join us for one of these meetings:
New Orchestra Parent Information Meeting
Tuesday, May 9th 6:00pm
Wednesday, May 10th 6:00pm
Watch your email for a zoom link in early May.
Save the Date - TALENT SHOW is on May 23rd
FROM THE NURSES OFFICE . . . . .
KINDERGARTEN & 2ND GRADE PARENTS - DON'T FORGET TO TURN IN YOUR CHILD'S DENTAL FORM!
The State of Illinois requires that all students in Kindergarten and 2nd Grade submit a current Dental Exam form to the school Health Office by May 15th. These examinations must be completed within 18 months of this date. If your child has had a dental exam within this time period, please contact your dentist to request a school dental exam form to submit to the nurse. Thank you!
As a reminder, the following health forms are also required for school attendance. Forms can be accessed on the D303 website or through the links below:
Dental Exam (due by May 15th)
Dental Exam (due by May 15th)
Updated Health Survey (due on first day of school)
Anne McCann, MA, RN, IL PEL-CSN
Certified School Nurse
INFO FROM D303!
For more information on the SEPAC, click on the graphic above.