Something from Saldivar
Week of August 31, 2015- September 4, 2015
What an exciting start to school! I was so impressed with the level of your commitment to staying focused on being One Team with One Goal! In every class I entered, I was able to see teachers facilitating relationship building activities, setting clear expectations and practicing for perfection. Students will do what we ask of them as long as we take the time to set expectations, model and practice. Lets keep pushing forward with a sense of urgency that every minute with students is of the utmost importance to train them for success.
Social Contract in Ms. Avalos' Class
Social Contract in Ms. Tarrant's Class
Framed Lesson Objectives ready to go!
Fundamental 5 for New Teachers and New to GISD teachers!
We will begin our Fundamental 5 book study with all new teachers and new to GISD teachers after Labor Day. Please stay tuned.
- Plan out with your team how your would like to present information to parents on Meet the Teacher Night. Kinder will use the cafeteria for their presentations.
- Call your parents or send a Remind 101 reminder to your parents regarding Meet the Teachers this Thursday. A campus flyer was placed in your box for you to send home.
- Mrs. Hayes will email you a Meet the Teacher PowerPoint for you to present to parents.
- Rockstar behavior should not be used as a reward for good grades. This is a positive support system for behavior. Please let me know if you need further clarification.
- Students should not be grading each others papers. There is more value in students seeing what they could improve on versus having a classmate highlight their mistakes.
- Join PTA!