We Are Family - May 23, 2022
We are looking at wrapping up the 2021-2022 school year with a bang! It has been a wonderful year of learning and growth. I am excited for what fall will bring!
Tomorrow is the happiest day of the year - FIELD DAY! I know that the students look forward to this day each year! A few reminders:
- Students should wear appropriate dress for activity - t-shirt, shorts, jacket or sweatshirt, gym shoes
- Students may bring extra clothing (optional)
- Students should bring a water bottle
- Students should apply sunscreen before school and can bring extra.
- Students may wear a hat and/or sunglasses
Awards will be held in the gym on Thursday due to a funeral in the church. If you plan to sign your child out after awards, please email the teacher and Ms. Brown ahead of time so that we can be prepared.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- Staff vs. 7th and 8th Grade Students Volleyball Game at 2:00 PM. Parents are welcome to join us!
Tuesday, May 24th
- Field Day w/ Men’s Club Lunch (hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, fruit, and drink)
Wednesday, May 25th
- MS Out to Lunch
- We Are Family Shirts
- PS/PK graduation at 9:30 AM in Church
- 8th grade graduation at 6:00 PM in Church
Thursday, May 26th
- Regular uniform day - if students have auction dress down passes left over, they can use them in August.
- All School Mass at 8:45 AM, hosted by 7th Grade. Livestream available on our YouTube channel.
- 4th - 7th Awards immediately following mass in the GYM
- K - 3rd Awards at 10:30 AM in the GYM
- Last student day, 1:20 PM dismissal, EDM available
Saint Susanna Chess Team
Saint Susanna Backyard Bash
Please plan to join us on Saturday, June 11th for the Saint Susanna Backyard Bash. There will be games, food, and fun for the whole family. You can purchase advance food tickets or raffle tickets after each mass or through the parish office.
City Connects Program Through Marian University
Saint Susanna will be participating in a program called "City Connects" through Marian University for the next two years. This program, funded through Marian's Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools funds, will provide an additional social worker to Saint Susanna for two years. During the two year time period, the additional social worker will provide student and family support as needed and teach the Second Steps social emotional learning program in the grades that do not currently receive that instruction. This individual will be an employee of Marian University while working at our campus.
Marian asked that I share the job description with our community in case we know someone who would be a great applicant. They are looking for an individual with a Master's degree in school counseling, social work, or related field. The full job description is available at https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/1031 Please share with anyone who might be qualified and interested. They are hiring many individuals throughout central Indiana.
Hiring for Fall 2022
We are hiring for the following positions for the fall:
- Fifth grade teacher
- Part-time band teacher
- Adult staff for extended day ministry (3:00 - 6:00 pm most days, earlier on early dismissal days)
- School assistant (10:45 am through about 4:30 pm most days). This staff member would assist with serving lunch, administrative tasks, and extended day.
Please have interested individuals contact me asap by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (317.839.3713) to learn more about applying.
Safe Environment Training
In order to volunteer in our school building during the day or attend field trips as a chaperone, you must have a current safe environment training on file with us. This requirement includes safe environment training and a basic background check through the Archdiocese. The training and background checks are good for five years from the time of completion.
To check your current expiration date, contact Mrs. Carson at email@example.com
To obtain a new training and background check:
- Go to the website www.archindysafeparish.org
- Create an account as this is a new system. Previously the Archdiocese used a system called "Safe and Sacred."
- You will need a passcode in order to create an account. The passcode is Archindy2021
- Complete the background check for school or parish VOLUNTEER and select Saint Susanna as a recipient of your information.
- Complete the training video and questions.
Please allow up to two weeks for this process to be completed.
Supply Lists and Orders for 2022-2023
Supply Kits for 2022-2023 are now available to purchase until July 1, 2022 from 1st Day School Supplies.
Order supplies online before July 1 from 1st Day School Supplies for free shipping to home at least 2 weeks before school begins. This is not a fundraiser but is offered as a convenience to families. Online order link is
Visit the St. Susanna School website to print a supply list to shop on your own for school supplies by clicking here.
Cardinal Ritter: Sports Camps
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.