BG eNews -Home Edition
May 13, 2020
Notes from Mrs. Klueppel...
- Student Supply Pick Up: As you know, when we left on March 13, we had no idea that we wouldn't be returning back to the school for the remainder of the year. Therefore, we have things that belong to you and your child and you likely have a few things that belong to us. Included are details regarding the processes we will use to get your things back to you and for you to get things back to us.
*If you have any questions at all regarding this process please contact me directly, email@example.com
- Report Cads will be available on HAC on 5/28/20.
- Where Do I Go If I Have Questions?: If you have a question about anything related to your child or their daily lessons please reach out directly to your child's teacher. If you have questions beyond the classroom please reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last Week of School Details
The last week of the school year is going to look a little different from the other weeks of remote learning. We hope that this plan provides a healthy balance between continuing engaged learning and providing meaningful closing activities for students. Our final week of school will be centered around 4 C's:
- Conclude: it is the top priority for our students to finish up the learning and completion of assignments that have been given throughout the remote learning period. Your child's teacher(s) will notify you of any outstanding assignments that need to be completed. Students may use the last week of school to get support and submit these materials through May 22nd. In addition, your child's teacher may provide additional directions and activities for this week. Look for communication from your child’s classroom teacher.
- Cultivate: if your child has completed their previous required learning, District 303 is offering a wide array of opportunities to learn and grow in areas and topics that inspire each individual student during the last week of school. To access these learning opportunities, click here. https://sites.google.com/d303.org/d303remotelearningforstudents/home
- Collect: we know many students have belongings that are still at school, so we have provided guidance on how families and students can collect their belongings before the school year is over. Please refer back to the email sent Monday 5/11/20, at 9am.
- Connect: your child's teacher(s) will be providing an opportunity to connect through a live virtual session sometime during the last week of school. These meetings are a great way to interact with teachers and have a chance to say good-bye before the summer break. We hope you will encourage your student to attend. In addition, Mr. Mac & Mrs. Seidling will be sharing a virtual field day choice board for your children. Though it won’t be the same as our typical Field Day we did want the students to have something fun and physical to do on a beautiful spring day. Also, you can continue to look forward to daily BGTV with Mr. V and his team as well as scheduled Read Alouds. You can expect an End of the Year message from Mrs. Klueppel too.
Take care, stay well,
Looking for an idea to pep up your BG student? BG the Bobcat will be available during these last two weeks of “school” for drive-by visits, or video-“grahams”. The BG PTO wants your students to continue staying strong and feeling some BG love during the end of this school year. So whether you need an incentive to have your student finish strong or reward them for a job well-done or even to celebrate a birthday, please let us know. Contact email@example.com or text Kelly at 630-452-7984 if you are interested.
May 19th, 7pm, Zoom meeting. Topics to be discussed: Open positions, switch-over roles and how to transition (binder-swap, etc), remaining activities for the year, budget and calendar planning for 2020-2021 school year, possible approval for fund re-allocation. Please RSVP using this evite link. Before the meeting you will be provided with the Zoom code via email.
VIRTUAL TALENT SHOW:
Bummed we’re missing out on the Bell-Grammies Talent Show this year? We are, too, so let’s take it virtual. There is still time to submit your video. Please fill out this google form: https://forms.gle/wAJ6yT8auKp7JHtQ8
Please record your student’s talent submission (no longer than 2 minutes) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a link the to download. Please insure you have sufficient lighting & volume for your video and record in horizontal/landscape mode. We will compile the submissions and post the 2020 Bell-Grammies to our FB page and include a link in the weekly e-news. By submitting your video you are giving permission to post your child’s video. If you have any questions please reach out to Heather Trask, email@example.com.
Please be on the lookout for a special surprise that D303/Bell Graham Administration/BG PTO has been working on to honor our outgoing 5th graders.
2020-2021 SCHOOL REGISTRATION:
Please don’t forget after you register your child(ren) for next year, please pay your PTO dues on PushCoin. One fee per family. This will help the PTO support many programs at BG especially in these uncertain times, and will give you access to the BG online Directory.
Please refer to the parent guide located on the D303 web page for detailed instructions on how to complete the form.
Medication Retrieval Process
Parents whose children have medications/medical supplies still in the school health office will be able to retrieve these items from Bell Graham Elementary School on their designated school supply pickup/drop off as stated in Mrs. Klueppel's email.
There will be a Nurse available for Medication pick up during these times:
Tuesday, May 19 - 9:00 - 1:00 PM Last name beginning A-H
Wednesday, May 20 - 9:00 AM -11:00 AM Last name beginning I-P and 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM for anyone who can't make the day times
Thursday, May 21 - 9:00 - 11:00 AM Last name beginning Q-Z
Emails were sent to families that have medications at school but if you are unsure if your child has medication/supplies still in the building, please contact the nurse, LeeAnna Anzaldi, at LeeAnna.Anzaldi@d303.org to confirm.
Medication Retrieval Process:
During designated pick up time, parents will pull the car up in front of the front doors with family name displayed in the window. In addition to your child's name and classroom, please remember to draw a star on the sign to indicate to staff that you also need to pick up medication. Staff will notify the nurse to bring medication out. To maintain social distance, please roll down a rear or passenger window, or open the car trunk. A nurse wearing a mask and gloves will then come out to place medications that are in a ziplock bag inside your vehicle. This process will work just like a grocery store pick up. The Nurse will initial pick up form with date you picked up medications and this will act as a signature. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the health office.
Stay Safe, Mrs. Anzaldi
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR 2020-21
BG Bobcats Virtual Art Show
In celebration of all of the hard work you have done this year (both at home and in the art studio), please enjoy this virtual art show!! Keep on creating!
Parents, if you would like to activate your student's free Artsonia account, please email me (Mrs. Anderson): Joellen.Anderson@d303.org I am happy to add your student's artwork to the virtual art show, once access has been granted. Thank you for your support of our art program!
4th Graders and Famlies:
Hello, Fourth Graders and Families!
I hope you have enjoyed watching the videos about band so far. Today you will receive a link to a band website with a several videos, including instrument demonstrations.
At the bottom of the website there is an opportunity to fill out a form and ask any questions you may have about instruments.
Coming soon: details on the D303 program and registration information. I am thrilled for the Fourth Grade Students to Be a Part of the Band! I can't wait to meet you all!
5th Grade Band Teacher
Kane County Cougars
The Kane County Cougars Ozzie's Reading Club is one more thing that got interrupted by the pandemic. Our reserved games were cancelled, and the Cougars still don't know when their season will start. Instead of rescheduling our school night, they've graciously decided to give each student a ticket voucher to any game this season. Of course, you will have to wait to order until a modified schedule is announced.
Returning Student Registration
Returning Student Registration for 2020-2021 has moved to an online format. In years past, parents completed the necessary paperwork in paper format. This year, all acknowledgments and authorizations are contained in a single electronic, online registration form that will be easily accessible from most electronic devices (computer, Chromebook, and Smartphones).
Parents can sign into the Returning Student Online Registration form using their Home Access Center (HAC) credentials, select individual students, and complete their registration. The form is located in the Parents/Community menu of the District website.
Registration fees for elementary and middle school are available in Pushcoin and billed to reflect the early bird discount of $10.00 if paid by May 22. High School fees will be available in June. For families who may qualify for a fee waiver, and are not directly certified by the state, a 2020-2021 district fee waiver application will be available on the District 303 website in July, accessible from the Parent/Community menu.
Reaching Out Survey
Bell-Graham is very fortunate to have a full-time Social Worker, Mrs. Brandt, and a full-time Psychologist, Mr. Cornwell on staff. The three of us will continue to work together to address the needs revealed within this survey. Thank you in advance for taking time to complete this survey.
Mrs. Klueppel, Mrs. Brandt, & Mr. Cornwell