Grant Family Focus
May 1, 2016
- Open to all teachers and 3-5 students.
- So far we have 54/242 students and 4/42 staff (we will have time at the Wed. staff meeting to complete this)
Monday May 2nd- Family Meeting
Tuesday May 3rd- Recess Walking Club begins
Wednesday May 4- 2:30-3:15 Technology Meeting
Friday May 6th- Wear Yellow to Raise Awareness for Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Tuesday May 10- Wellness Visit
Wednesday May 11- Staff Meeting 2:15-3:15
Friday May 20 & 27 and Monday May 28- No School
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
If you have any feedback on how we can improve the process for next year please add it on this doc: Grant Forward Exam
Learning Leaders/ILT Wanted!
As a member of LL here are some of your expectations:
- Meet in district wide meetings (August 11 and the 3rd Tuesday of each month)
- Meet twice a month in school Instructional Leadership Team
- Assist in the communication of the district/Grant school vision
- Communicate needs of staff to school administration, district administration and school leadership team
- Develop and monitor school goals and support staff in our effort to meet those goals
Please submit your application by May 19th to me if you are interested.
Wednesday's Professional Development
Looking into next year, all schools will be asked to develop a school Reading and Math goal. GRR will continue to be the instructional method we use to meet those goals. I will be looking for people who are interested in spending a few hours this summer to help contribute to the goals and planning for PD for next year. If you are on the Curriculum Companion or District Math groups or are interested in providing input, I will be sending out dates soon.
I came across a blog this weekend that serves as a follow-up to our PD. Although its focus is on Math Workshop (click here for the blog) it has gives us another example of how GRR, differentiation and guided instruction are being used. (An additional link to more resources is listed below)