WELLNESS/FITNESS II COOK BOOK
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
· 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1/2 cup honey
· 1/2 cup prepared mustard
· 1 teaspoon dried basil
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
What makes this recipe healthy?
This recipe contains only 232 calories which is not a lot at all. It also contains 23.4 grams of sugar. Baked honey mustard chicken has 25.6 grams of protein which is 51 percent of protein. That’s an exceptional amount of protein in a recipe. This also has 5% of Vitamin A and 2% of Vitamin C as well as 32% of Vitamin B6.