January 2021 Edition
A Message from Mrs. Haymark
Happy New Year! I hope that you all had a relaxing and wonderful holiday break with your families. We were excited to welcome our Texans back into the building for the spring semester, some for the first time all year!
With all of the holiday celebrations and travel that occurred, please be mindful of any possible symptoms that could be related to the COVID-19 virus. If your child develops any symptoms, please keep them home. Inform your child's teachers and our school nurse. It is in everyone's best interest to help to keep the virus from coming into our building. Thank you for your willingness to partner with us to make Vogel a safe place for all who enter.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please let us know. We are here to help!
Christa Haymark, Principal
This year you can prepay for pictures using the link below. All prepaid portraits will be shipped directly to your house.
2. Use online order code: PTPUC
3. Select Vogel Intermediate
Remote students wanting to take pictures can come up to school between 9:30am-11:30am and 1:30pm and 3:30pm. All remote learners will take portraits outside under the clock tower in the front of the school. Please contact the front office if you have questions.
A Message From Nurse Gohlke
To: Parents of 6th grade students entering 7th grade in 8/2021
Re: Immunization requirements for incoming 7th grade
The following immunizations are required for all incoming 7th grade students:
1. Tdap - Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccination
One dose is required instead of the 10-year booster. If your child has had a tetanus-containing
Vaccine in the past five years, the Tdap will not be required until after five years have passed.
2. Meningococcal (MCV4)
One dose is required to protect from meningococcal meningitis.
If your student already had these vaccinations email the clinic copy to me so I can update your child's records.
Reminder from Coach Mann and Coach Waskow
Spelling Bee Winners
Congratulations to the following students:
1st place: Maxwell Thompson
2nd place: Catherina Maupin
3rd place: Athiep Anyuon
If you would like to watch the excitement of the 2020-2021 Spelling Bee unfold, click the link below.
Car Rider Line Reminders
Follow staff directions
Pull all the way to street
Don't load or unload students on the grass
Have your students ready to exit when you pull up to the unloading zone
Do not get out of your car. Our staff will assist the students if needed.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
Credit by Exam for 6th Graders
The Credit by Exam (CBE) for 8th grade math provides an alternate opportunity for students to accelerate their placement and enroll in math courses for high school credit while in junior high school. Students who earn an 80% or higher on the exam will be enrolled in Algebra 1 for the 2021 -- 2022 school year.
The following criteria should be considered as you decide if would like your child to take the 8th Grade Math CBE:
Current level math grades
Previous STAAR Math and Reading Scores
Evidence of Number Sense and Fluency
2020 Math Benchmark Scores
Evidence of problem solving with teacher feedback
Understanding of math pathways for high school credit
If you would like to discuss whether your child meets these requirements and would be a good candidate for this exam, please contact your child's math teacher. Thank you.
COVID Mitigation Strategies at Vogel
- Masks - All adults and students are required to wear mask while inside our building.
- Social Distancing - Students are seated as far a part as possible within the classrooms and walk distanced during transition periods. Students sanitize their hands before transitions to each class.
- Cleaning - Teachers take great measures to disinfect their classrooms between classes. Student desks and chairs as well as any shared materials are sanitized between groups. Our building is deep cleaned every night.
- Water Bottles - Water fountains have been turned off. We have touchless water bottle refilling stations around the school students may use to refill water as often as needed. Please clearly label your child's first and last name.
- Cafeteria - Students are spaced out in the cafeteria. Only three students sit at each cafeteria table. Students sanitize their hands before and after lunch.
- Brain Breaks - All students have a 15 minute break outside in lieu of a big grade level recess. Students only interact with others in their class. If students are 6 feet a part, they may remove their masks. Students sanitize their hands before and after brain breaks.
Student Drop Offs
- Parents needing to drop items off for a student will contact the school to arrange a curbside pick-up.
- Deliveries to students including lunches will be limited and on an emergency basis only.
- Students forgetting lunches will be fed a meal from the cafeteria.
2019-2020 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
Vogel's TAPR report is located on our school website (https://vogel.conroeisd.net/) and follow the directions below.
· Go to "Our School/Campus"
· Click “View School Profile"
· Select “Accountability Reports”
· Click “2019-2020”
· Select "Texas Academic Performance Report "
Parent Access Center
Please use the following link to view or set up your PAC.
Free Student Meals
Conroe ISD will offer FREE breakfast and lunch to ALL In-Person and Remote/Online students as well as children ages 18 and younger in the community. Students in Remote/Online Instruction and children 18 and younger who are not attending school on campus will pick up free meals curbside on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 AM - 12 PM at the junior high located in their feeder zone.
• Irons Junior High
• Knox Junior High
• McCullough Junior High
• Moorhead Junior High
• Peet Junior High
• Stockton Junior High
• York Junior High
Parents must show an approved form of ID for any child not present in the vehicle. To learn more, visit: https://www.conroeisd.net/chi…/campus-curbside-meal-pick-up/.
If you would like to continue receiving free meals after the grant money has been depleted, apply/reapply for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications are being taken now to ensure no disruption of services. Click the link below to apply.
Students have returned many broken Chromebooks to us lately. Whether it is a broken charging port, a spilled drink, a dropped device, or something else, we know accidents happen. To avoid accidents and having to replace and pay for a broken Chromebook, we suggest the following advice:
- Avoid drinking or eating near a Chromebook.
- When plugging and unplugging the charger, do so carefully- not jamming in or ripping out from the device.
- While in a backpack or bag, do not have the charger in the port .
- When travleing with the Chromebook, have the device securely packed away.
As a reminder, the cost to replace a Chromebook is $226 and the charger is $35. If the Chromebook is damaged, the device will not be replaced until the cost is paid.
12 - Picture day
18 - No School
20 - Irons Cheer and Drill Team Coaches visit 6th Grade PE
10- 5th Grade
12- No School (Weather Day)
15 - President's Day
23- 6th Grade Writing Benchmark
Parent and Family Engagement Newsletter
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.