WHERE CAN WE FIND BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?
There are many book lists available online, and here are a few to get you started:
1. Scholastic's Book Wizard is a tool to help your child find great books!
2. Reading Rocket has amazing theme-based book lists.
3. Common Sense Media offers book and movie suggestions.
4. A Book and a Hug helps readers find books based on their unique personality.
5. What's Next? helps readers see the next book in a series.
6. Award winners-
- Caldecott (for picture books)
- Newbery (primarily-but not always chapter books)
- The Association of Library Service to Children (American Library Association) provides lists of notable children's books.
One size does NOT fit all! GCISD believes in giving students a voice and a choice, so our students are encouraged to make individualized reading lists with their families that are just right for them!
All GCISD students have access to free e-books, audiobooks, and Read-a-Longs with the Sora app in Classlink!
This amazing company continues to support literacy by offering access to over 40,000 e-books FREE during the school day!
Public Libraries have Overdrive e-book collections too!
For free e-book collections that companies have generously provided access through the summer go HERE.