December 3, 2014
Updates & Announcements
- Tanya Browne, Dr. Suzanne Burke, Dr. Pauline Dow
- PD Update: Naming Conventions, PD Work Group
- LA Update: Voiceprint
Goals of District Technology Planning Committee Update:
- Debrief Board engagement & feedback
- Share DTPC thinking around "authentic curriculum" and start to align a common vocabulary around PBL, including its essential attributes
- Ideate around the question, "How might our curriculum evolve to support implementation of PBL?" and the role of Office of Academics
DTPC Update Presentation
GIST & Building Blocks
- Number off 1-8
- In pairs/triads, write a 20 word "gist" summary of your PBL "Essential"
- Identify smaller pieces of your "Essential" that could become building blocks toward PBL implementation. CONSIDER: If we had to assess our own performance in PBL from the role of a teacher, what would be critical to success?
- Be ready to share out
"How might our curriculum evolve to support implementation of PBL?"
- McTighe PBL Think Tank coming in March...