November 4, 2022
Veterans Day Program
We will have a Veterans Day assembly to honor men and women who have served, or are currently serving, in the armed forces. If someone in your family is a Veteran or is currently serving and are able to come to our assembly on Thursday, Nov. 10, at 9:15 a.m., we would love to honor them.
Please also let us know if any special guests will be attending. We want to ensure that we have enough seats for all our honored guests. Parking in front of the school will be reserved for our special guests.
There is no school on Friday, November 11, 2022, in observance of Veterans Day.
Picture Retake Day
Picture retake day is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8, 2022. We will have photos taken during the school day from 8:35-10:30am. In addition to retakes, all new students and any other students who missed the first picture day will get their picture taken.
You can also order pictures online at: https://www.dorianstudio.com/
Free Social Media and our Youth Workshop
Upcoming Music Concerts
December 7 at 6:30pm
Music Specialist, Mrs. Moore will lead these classes:
- Mrs. Fox
- Mrs. Bullard/Miller
- Mrs. Wheeler
December 8 at 6:30pm
Music Specialist, Mrs. Forbus will lead these classes:
- Mrs. Beachy
- Mrs. Duncan
- Mrs. Ranniger
- Mrs. Koehler
- Mrs. Hjorten
Thank you for your understanding. We will send out more details/reminders later this month.
Bus Transportation Information
Students to receive scan cards to ride the bus
To accompany our district's conversion to the Traversa Ride 360 program, all district students will be receiving a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) scan card, which will act as their ID when riding the bus during the 2022-2023 school year. These scan ridership cards will be distributed to every student throughout the school year. Distribution of the scan ridership cards at Machias Elementary will happen this month. We will communicate specific dates to our families.
At each bus stop, the driver will be able see a display of the names and photos of students assigned to that stop so they can confirm that the correct students are boarding or getting off the bus. Please note that these scan cards are not trackers. No student information is stored on these cards, and they are not used to track a student’s location. The school buses are used to locate students while on the route. The student RFID cards simply help to accelerate the process of recording student check-ins while also mitigating errors. Knowing where and when a student is during a bus route is paramount to ensuring the safety of every child in real-time. Click here to download a handout for parents/guardians with more information about scan ridership cards.
What Is Traversa Ride 360?
Traversa Ride 360 provides secure access to student routing information. Traversa Ride 360 provides quick access to your child's routing information, which can include the bus stop, route, and bus number. This is accessible on mobile devices, and confidential and secure. This program can be accessed via the web or mobile app and is free to download and use. The user guide can be downloaded by clicking one of the links below:
- How to access the Traversa Ride 360 website - English
- How to access the Traversa Ride 360 website - Spanish
Parents/guardians will still need to use their student ID# and student date of birth to add their student to the app.
Traversa Ride 360 website - https://wasnohomishsd201.traversaride360.com/
Please call the office or transportation if you have questions.
Machias 6th Grade Band
Bobcat Mileage Club
District Approved Community Fliers
- Affordable Connectivity Program
- Allergy & Asthma Network - Do you have peanut allergy? Do you care for a child who has peanut allergy? The Allergy & Asthma Network is looking for parents/guardians and families of children who have peanut allergies for a paid research study. Learn more at https://allergyasthmanetwork.org/news/do-you-have-peanut-allergy/.
- BridgeWhiz Grades 4-12
- Camp Fire - Discover Club Program
- Civil Air Patrol
- Climb the Mountain Free Online Speech and Debate Programs
- Cub Scouts Pack 193 and Calendar
- Everett Philharmonic Orchestra Young Artists Concerto Competition
- Girl Scouts Daisy Troop 41623 - Cathcart Elementary
- Girls Snolax Lacrosse Try if for Free! - January 7
- JK Martial Arts - November 2022
- Join Girl Scouts at Dutch Hill
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys Seattle Hill Elementary
- Links & Alliances You Matter and Belong Conference - November 5
- Little Taste of Italy - Senior Citizen Dinner November 16
- Reflections School of Dance Fall Programming 2022
- Seattle Children's Chorus Registration
- Senior Center Community Breakfast - November 5
- Senior Center Holiday Bazaar - November 19
- Senior Center Bingo - November 5
- SJAA Youth Basketball Registration
- Sno-Isle Libraries - November and December 2022
- Sno-Isle Tech Skills Center Apprenticeship Career and Job Fair - November 17
- Snohomish Community Food Bank
- Snohomish for Equity Youth Committee Application
- Strategic Kids Chess at Totem Falls Elementary
- Strategic Kids LEGO at Totem Falls Elementary
- SVIE Update 956 Registration Open-Native Flute Making Workshop - November 5 and 6, 2022s
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Health Room News
Snohomish School District is changing how we manage student immunization records. We are now using the School Module, an online system provided by the Washington State Department of Health. The School Module allows us to quickly and efficiently check if your child has the vaccines required for school. This will save us time on finding and entering vaccination dates and free up time to work with students. Most children born and/or vaccinated in Washington already have their information in the system. You can access your child’s record at any time by signing up for MyIR at https://wa.myir.net/register. As we move to this system, the school nurse may ask you for more information about your child’s vaccination history. If your child is missing vaccines in the system, we may ask for a copy of their immunization record. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your school nurse.