By: Steven Papik
Information about alzheimers
Alzheimer's disease was found in 1906 by Dr. alois Alzheimer. Alzheimer's is a multifactorial disorder that causes dementia, or loss of brain function, and affects memory, thought, or language. It can have an affect so big that after diagnosed, you can die up to 15 years later.
Dr. alois Alzheimer, founder of the disease.
As some side effects you may feel the following.
- Changes in depression or hallucinations, and delusions.
- the 4 A's- amnesia, aphasia, aproxia, and agnosia.
- Depression that comes in later stages can be treated.
- and irritability, apathy, withdrawal, and isolation.
a picture of a brain without, and with the disease.
How you may get it
- Scientist don't know for sure, but think Alzheimers is a disease with age.
- It is a common disease between 35 and 60.
- It can be found on chromosomes 1,14,and 21.
- There is no certain areas or groups it will occur in and no environment factors.
chromosome 1, where Alzheimers has been known to be found on.
During a diagnostic test a doctor may ask questions like, did you have any past illness, and have family members had it, or they will ask about your diet and do blood test, take your temperature, and check pulse.
An alzheimers patient getting a diagnostic test.
There is a few ways to prevent alzheimers. Some big one is a drug called galantamine, Rivastigmine, and tacrine. They have to use ti in early to middle stages though, or it wont be as effective.
galantamine, the pill sometimes used to try to cure or help the disease.
Alzheimer's association is the world leading association for Alzheimers and is close o finding a cure.