Little Panther News
Issue #9, SY 2020-2021, January 17, 2021
Little Panther Families:
Our students have been working so hard -- both in academics and in behaviors! They have filled our all-school "bucket" twice already this year! (Students earn "bucket filler slips" when they do something positive and "fill someone's bucket".) We enjoyed our book party last Friday!
100 day is right around the corner and I'm pretty sure I can convince our friend Zero the Hero to come and visit. It's always a fun and exciting day for our students.
Valentine's Day is also right around the corner. Your child's teacher will communicate with you about classroom activities for Valentine's Day.
Families -- great job making sure your littles have their winter outwear!! Almost every child has had their winter gear every day! This is so important so they can play with their classmates at recess!
Tomorrow, Monday, January 18, is a half-day of school to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Photo re-takes are this week (see the schedule below). See all of the upcoming important dates below.
We are busy and happy at South!
As always, thank you for sharing your little panther with us!
Carole Fetke, Principal
Upcoming Important Dates:
- January 18: MLK Day (1/2 Day of school -- students are dismissed at 11:00 am
- January 20: Picture re-takes (Y5/K @ 8:10 am, 1st Gr @ 8:30 am, 2nd Gr @ 8:50 am, Option B & C students @ 9:15 to 10:00 am -- please enter at the gym door)
- January 26: PTO Meeting (See the PTO note below for details)
- February 2: Groundhog Day
- February 5: Spirit Day
- February 18: 1/2 Day (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- February 19: 1/2 Day
- February 22 and 23: Mid-Winter Break
EVERY DAY BEFORE SCHOOL . . .
Please remember . . . families need to complete this home screening DAILY before sending your little panther to school! Check for these symptoms:
- Temperature 100 degrees F or higher
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- New loss of taste or smell
If your child has ANY of these symptoms, keep them home from school and call your family doctor/pediatrician.
The PTO pops popcorn fresh for us on Spirit Days. Students can purchase a bag for 50cents (or you can pay ahead -- $4 for the year).
The South Elementary Student Council will be selling Panther Spirit grab bags for $3 each.
You can send money into school with your child for these items -- please put it in an envelope and write your child's name and the purpose of the money (Pop Corn or Panther Spirit grab bag) on the outside of the envelope.