Midland Trail Elementary School
~ We Believe & Achieve In Order to Succeed ~
Dear MTE Families & Friends,
We hope this newsletter finds you enjoying the month of December! It's a very exciting time of year, especially in elementary schools. Although we've had to change a lot of things this year, we are taking time this month to celebrate and enjoy teaching and learning.
We will be celebrating in classrooms for our Winter Parties on Mon Dec 21 and/or Tues Dec 22 (depending on if you are a RED or GOLD Day student). Students may bring treats to share, however, they must be individually wrapped and sent to school in a backpack. No food deliveries. If you would like to support the classroom party, please reach out to your child(rens) teacher. We look forward to the holiday season and after a nice break we will welcome our students back in January 2021!!!
Aron Attebery, Principal
Leasha Wolterman, Curriculum Administrator
Learning Model ~ In Person/Remote
Turner USD 202 Community,
It is time to nominate and celebrate TUSD202 employees that make us Stronger Together. Please take a few minutes to nominate a TUSD 202 Employee for the TUSD PRIDE Award. (One classified and One Certified Employee).
December nomination deadline is November 18.
TUSD PRIDE Award
* Do you know a Turner staff member that makes us Stronger Together by going above and beyond and consistently demonstrating the following qualities:
We Need YOU!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR MTE COMMUNITY
Masks will be required for all students and adults in the building.
We will have a procedure for students who arrive after 8:45 am. All students need a safety check by staff member before entering the building.
- Parent/Guardian will call school and notify office of late arrival.
- Staff member will come to front door. Parent will walk student to the door. Student will be screened, and once cleared by staff member, will be sent to classroom.
- Parents must wait until child is cleared to be in school.
If a parent needs to pick up their child early for any reason (illness or appointment).
- Parent/guardian will call school ahead of time, or from car in front of building, to ask for student and notify office who is going to pick up student (person must be on approved list).
- Parent will walk to door and wait for student. Once student is in office, they will be escorted by secretary to vestibule.
- Parent/approved adult will show I.D.
- Secretary will verify and then sign student out.
- Parents will no longer be signing student out w/ signature
- I.D. must be presented to release student.
Grading & Attendance
If students do not keep up with more than six hours of daily assignments their grades will be impacted. We will be using the traditional grading systems (A, B, C, etc). They will not get a grade for participation only. Students will have to login to Microsoft Teams for virtual conferences/instruction multiple times daily designated by their teacher. These times will be within the traditional school day. Students that miss this instruction may not understand how to complete work independently. At the elementary level, some independent work assigned may require the assistance of an adult.
Remote students are required to join their teacher for instruction in Microsoft Teams, multiple times a day. If students fail to login, they will be marked absent. Blended students are required to attend a morning meeting in Microsoft Teams and complete assignments at home when school is not in session. Failure to log in and/or complete work will result in an absence. Absences will be recorded and will be subject to the Kansas truancy statute.
School Hours - Arrival & Dissmissal
ANY CHANGES TO TRANSPORTATION must be made prior to 3:00 p.m. to ensure that student and teacher are aware of the change. PLEASE make sure your student(s) and teacher(s) know how they will get home the first day of school.