Rosa Parks Journal
Week of February 15th
"If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around." -Jim Rohn
Hopefully everyone had a restful and wonderful long weekend. Unless there is a lot of snow in our forecast, this is our last break until Spring Break. So as we work in the upcoming weeks, here are some expectations that will help us keep our focus.
- Ensure that students are always safe.
- Teach ALL lessons the best you possibly can.
- Teach with love, patience, and understanding.
- Constantly assess the progress of ALL students and use this data to inform your instruction.
- Expect respectful behavior from all student and understand students grow along a continuum.
- Integrate the use of technology in your lessons whenever possible.
- CELEBRATE STUDENTS...
I know that from time to time, we may face many challenges, but the one thing about our staff here at Rosa Parks, is that we do whatever it takes to make sure our students are growing as learners. Continue the work you do for our students......
GO TEAM ROSA!!!!!!!
10th Annual Rosa Parks Day Reminder........
What are some of the decisions you make now good or bad, big or small that could effect your life and others in the world in years to come?
Upcoming Dates / Events
Tuesday 2/16 -After School Tutoring
Wednesday 2/17 - PBS 7:45am: Principal PLC(Comer)
Thursday 2/18 - After School Tutoring: Principals Meeting 8:00am(Comer)
Achieve 3000 Plan Ahead....
MIDDIE PRIDE RECOGNITION....
April 11, 2016 will be our next PRIDE recognition. During this Board Meeting we will honor the following:
- Students in Grades 1, 3, & 5
- 1 Teacher
- 1 Classified employee
Please submit the nominations and t-shirt sizes no later than March 18th. When submitting recommendations please remember the following:
- On building letterhead
- 3 paragraphs
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman 12
- Name of person submitting should be typed
- Signed and dated by person submitting
- T-shirt size