HOLY ROSARY NEWSLETTER
Term 4 Week 7 Friday 26 November
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been quite a week! Our Annual Community Meeting of the P&F and Parent Advisory Council went really well on Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend. Reports, together with details of 2022 membership of both bodies is included in this newsletter. They play a central role in the life of Holy Rosary and we really appreciate the support. Thank you very much indeed.
Yesterday, our Kindy children met their Pre-Primary teachers for next year. That was such a lovely experience!
Today saw the children currently in Pre-Primary to Year 5 meet their Years 1-6 teachers for next year. An enjoyable time was had today with the activities this morning focused on building links between our children before the holidays and ensuring the children know who they are with and who will be their teacher. This is an important moment and we are deeply committed to an enjoyable experience, thereby setting the scene for them for 2022. A staffing update and a 2022 Staff List is also included in this newsletter.
And please check out the P & F Tuition Raffle later in this (rather large!) newsletter.
Mark de Kluyver
THANK YOU Adeline and Geoff PUZON
The fourth and youngest son of Adeline and Geoff Puzon, Ronan is in Year Six. So, this year sees the end of the association of the PUZON family with our school. All of our staff would like to thank them for their incredibly kind gesture yesterday of providing lunch for all of our staff! We truly appreciate and give thanks for your kindness. I’m sure our paths will cross again!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday 29 November
- Canteen Thank You Party - 7pm - Staffroom
Friday 3 December
- Pre-Kindy Concert 9am - Veritas Garden
Monday 6 December
- Graduation Mass - 5pm
Tuesday 7 December
- Christmas Concert - 5pm on the oval
Wednesday 8 December
- Big Day Out
Friday 10 December
- 9am Mass
- End of Term 4 - Free Dress
STAFFING UPDATE 2022
- Giulia Pasquale - we farewell you following eighteen months in the junior and middle primary. Giulia heads to Morley with our blessing, and our thanks for her contribution to Holy Rosary. Best wishes to you for the new adventure!
- Ashleigh Pedler - following two years here Ashleigh now heads south to commence a contract in Port Kennedy. Ashleigh thank you very much for your contribution to life in Year Five at Holy Rosary. It has been a good ride!
- Katherine Berry has worked alongside her sister in law Trish all year! Well done! Katherine we have enjoyed your membership of staff this year, and look forward to you joining our relief list in 2022.
- Aleana Brennan leaves us - but only for 12 months. And there is quite the adventure ahead! Aleana you are a fabulous friend and colleague, and an outstanding leader. We wish you only good things for this next amazing stage of your life.
- Fiona Ayling leaves us - but for just a semester, as, all being well, she would like to travel! Fiona we wish you a really well-deserved break. Have a fabulous time and we look forward to your return in term three!
For 2022, Holy Rosary welcomes:
Kate Bryant, teacher assistant, who will be working with Rebecca Drudi
Tarryn Evans and Christine Stevenson who join the Siena team
Tegan Back who will take over the role of Assistant Principal while Aleana is on leave
Lizzie Iacomella who was here in 2019 and will be in Year Four while Fiona is on leave for Semester One
For the first time welcome to Rebecca Drudi from Northam
And, also for the first time, welcome to Joe Kinder from Karratha
All join our teaching team next year, and are very excited to be doing so. I know you will join with us in making them very welcome!
STAFF LIST 2022
COUNCIL AND P & F MEMBERSHIP
Council Chair - Ryan Denham
Secretary - TBA
Treasurer - Peter Coppini
P & F Representative - Bec Watson
General Members - Katie Nolan, Liesbet Schwertfeger
Parish Priest & Parish Representative - Fr Peter Hoang
Principal - Mark de Kluyver
P & F
President - TBA
Vice President - Bec Watson
Secretary - TBA
Treasurer - Verity Phoenix
Representative to SAC - Bec Watson
General members - Kara O'Sullivan Kiely, Ryleigh Stewart
ANNUAL COMMUNITY MEETING REPORTS
COUNCIL CHAIR REPORT
Council finANCIAL REPORT
P & F Report
P & F Financial Report
This information includes the best way forward with orders including items not in stock, which is to hold your order until everything is in that you require. Please check this out and make the decision which best suits you.
This from our supplier:
Can we please ask that this information be included in your uniforms newsletter. This information will also be highlighted on the order portal for the parents when they place an order.
The last date for shipping to home addresses will be Tuesday 21st December 2021.
Orders placed between the 21st December 2021 and 10th January 2022 will be processed when the warehouse reopens on the 11th January 2022.
Orders should only be placed for home deliveries if parcels will be accepted during the holidays. Perm-a-Pleat will not be responsible if no one is at home to accept delivery.
Shipping and stock delays:
The items of uniform delayed at this stage include:
1. The boys grey formal shorts- these will be in Perth 5 -7 January 2022 and we expect them to be available on line from week of 10 January 2022.
2. White Sports Polo- sizes 6C & 8C- these will be available to order by mid-December.
3. Library Bags- these will be available to order by mid-December.
Parents who are waiting for one of these out of stock items should wait until all the stock they require is in stock rather than placing separate orders. There will be sufficient stock and sufficient time to order and receive this stock before back to school next year.
BISHOPS RELIGIOUS LITERACY ASSESSMENT YEARS 3 & 5
REMINDER - St Vincent de Paul Christmas Hampers
We are seeking your support through the donation of non-perishable food items. This will enable us to provide families and individuals who turn to St Vincent de Paul over this period with Christmas hampers so they too can share in the joy of Christmas.
- Christmas cakes/puddings/cookies/mince pies
- Chocolates/candies/nuts/ snacks/ nibbles
- Christmas stockings for children
- Soft drinks/juices
- Long life milk/cream
- Long life custards (pouring, not powder)
- Tinned ham/fish/fruit/vegetables
- Bon Bons/crackers
- Baby products
No fresh fruits/vegetables. No meats
All items will be collected in each classroom and donated to St Vincent de Paul on Friday
Year 1s have been learning about the land and sky.
Last week we made some rain gauges just in time for our rainy weather!
We collected 1.5cm of water in a rain gauge.
The children's designs were great!
Online Ordering: https://quickcliq.com.au/
Monday 29 November: N Hyndes, J Elphick
Wednesday 1 December: A Alsworth, D Borgas
Friday 3 December: L Chiappini, N Tangney, F Deane, L Elliott
Leanna 0414 953 958
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO VOLUNTEER IN THE CANTEEN FOR 2022
OUR P & F NEWS
Sales are currently open for our 2021 Tuition Raffle. 350 Tickets are up for grabs for families who have children attending the school with tickets selling fast. Get your ticket before they run out!
All funds raised will go towards completing stage 3 of the upper school playground and the next P&F project for 2022.
This is your last chance to purchase! Get your orders in quick before time runs out.
Now is definitely the time to purchase the Holy Roly's Kitchen Cookbook. The perfect gift for family and friends with a collection of over 100 tasty recipes from the Holy Rosary Community. Take advantage of our Christmas Special - 1 Cookbook for $30 or, 3 Cookbooks for $80. We can also gift wrap. Please email us if you would like your book complimentary gift wrapped.
All purchases can be made online via the link - https://holy-rosary-community-pf.square.site/ Once purchased, Cookbooks will be made available for pick up from the Office. We thank you for your support.
The Last Orders for the Cookbook will be Friday 03/12/21. Get your orders in now while there is still time!
Another great Christmas idea is The Entertainment book which is now Digital and available for purchase at https://au.entdigital.net/orderbooks/8437a8 . With lots of discounts this is the perfect purchase for the upcoming holiday period. Purchase yours today whilst also helping our fundraising efforts.