Bertram Family Connection
November 5, 2023
To translate this letter to a different language, click "Translate" on the right side of the screen. Click on the drop-down menu to select the preferred language.
Para traducir esta carta a un idioma diferente, haga clic en "Traducir" en el lado derecho de la pantalla. Haga clic en el menú desplegable para seleccionar el idioma preferido.
Nov. 6 - Rescheduled Dash Day
Nov.10 - Veterans Day Program
Nov. 11 - Veterans Day
Nov. 10-17 - Fall Book Fair
Nov. 14 - Book Fair open until 6 pm
Nov. 16 - PTO Meeting 5-6 pm @ Bertram Cafeteria
Nov. 16 - Turkey Trot
Nov. 17 - Academy 4 for 4th Grade
Nov. 17 - Fall Picture Retakes
Nov 20-24 - Thanksgiving Break
Nov 27 - No School / Professional Development Day for Teachers
Adventure Dash Update
Updated Dash Schedule
5th - 7:40 - 8:20
2nd - 8:25-9:05
Kinder - 9:10-9:50
3rd - 9:55-10:35
1st - 10:40 - 11:20
4th - 11:45 - 12:25
PreK - 12:30 - 1:10
Life Skills - 1:15 - 1:45
- Visitors are welcome to join us on the track during their student's Dash time.
- Visitors will sign in at the designated visitors table near the track to receive a visitor badge.
- Visitors wishing to join their student for lunch or enter the building will be required to check in with a photo ID at the front office.
- We request that students not be signed out at the end of their Dash and remain at school for an important day of learning.
- School-aged siblings are encouraged to only attend their Dash. Students signed out to attend a Dash time other than their own will be counted absent.
- Students are encouraged to wear any earned bands on Monday; however, if students forget or have lost their bands, they will still be able to participate. We will have a list of students who have earned Band Parties.
Our 4th and 54th grade students have been preparing an amazing performance for Veterans Day. We invite you to join us in the Bertram Cafeteria Friday, November 10th at 8:30 am. Veterans are invited to wear their regalia for students to see and experience! We are grateful for our Veterans.
We will be posting pictures of our Veterans on our school webpage over the next few weeks. If you have a Veteran's photo you would like to submit please email it to email@example.com.
Fall Book Fair
Our Fall Book Fair will open Friday, November 10th following our Veterans Day program. Be on the lookout for information coming home with your student later this week.
The Fair will be open late from 4pm-6pm on Tuesday, November 14th for parents to shop. Families can also check in at the office to shop the fair during the school day from 7:30-2:30pm. We will close at 12pm Friday, November 17th. Please have your ID ready when checking in at the office.
Families are encouraged to trot with their student(s). Families will check in at the track with their event ticket. Multiple adults can check in with one ticket. Adults wishing to check in without an event ticket will need to present their ID at the front office.
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for our family, health, friends, and all the blessings we have. We hope you will consider making a “Donation of Thanks”. Please bring non perishable food item(s) you’d like to donate to the local food bank to the gym during PE between Monday, November 13th and Wednesday, November 15th.
Students will trot during their regular Activity time:
- 5th - 7:45-8:35
- 3rd - 8:40-9:30
- 4th - 9:30-10:20
- 2nd - 10:20-11:10
- PreK - 12:35-1:25
- Kinder - 1:25-2:15
- 1st - 2:15-3:05
Bertram's Attendance Tracking
Bertram's ADA for this past week was 91.58%
ADA stands for Average Daily Attendance and is defined as the total days of student attendance divided by the total days of instruction. "98 IS Great!", so 98% is our goal! We recognize that illnesses and events take place that necesitate absences, however, we do encourage every student to be in school every day he/she is able. Let's work toward 98%!
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes