Slow Food the County Update
Mark your calendars - upcoming Slow Food the County Events
2. On March 16th, we be holding our The Great Prohibition Cocktail Party at Gilead Distillery at 66 Gilead Rd. in the County. Chef Michael Hoy will be providing appetizers to accompany the cocktails made from Gilead Distillery's excellent products. There are a limited number of spaces but still a few available at $ 45 per person. Contact Cynthia Peters at email@example.com
3. On April 20th, we will be holding a Spanish themed dinner at a private residence in Milford. Chef Meghan Van Horne of the Regent Café will prepare a five course dinner based on her internship in Spain. Matching wines will be provided and the total cost per person will be $ 100. There are 12 places in total and there are only a few left. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
SF and NFU Launch New Initiative
Events that you might be interested in
Beyond the City Lights Rural Tourism Conference - on 20 March at Marantha Church at 100 College St. in Belleville from 8:30 to 4:00. For registration and more information go to http://beyondthecitylights.ca/
Artisan Cooking Classes at From the Farm Cooking School: April is Artisan month at the school. Learn the art of bread baking or sausage making. Many classes available throughout the Spring & Summer. Visit http://fromthefarm.ca for details and to sign up.
April 14th – Bread Baking with Henry Willis of Humble Bread (Sold out, waiting list only)
April 27th – Sausage Making with Angelo Bean (spots available)
Terroir - Get Dirty in the County 25 May. A celebration of County wines from noon to 6 PM at the Crystal Palace. For more information see http://thecountywines.com/terroir-c131.php
1. Maple in the County needs some folks to work on their new initiative, Sugar Shack Shindig from 4 to 11 PM on March 23. You will only have to work a few hours and then enjoy this new sweet tradition. So grab your long johns, farm boots and plaid jacket and join in.
Go to http://www.mapleinthecounty.ca/Sugar-Shack-Shindig.php for more info. Contact email@example.com to volunteer.
2. Terroir - needs some volunteers for a variety of tasks. Some jobs will include some heavy lifting, carrying sound gear, tables and chairs, etc. as well as putting up fences and side walls both before and after the event. They will also need people during the event as runners for fresh ice, to empty spittoons etc. Each shift will only be a few hours so you can enjoy the event. If you are interested, contact Scott Rondeau at Scott@powerjuncture.ca
3. Terroir Run - Sunday 26th May. Last year a number of SF volunteers worked at the Run, registering runners, helping along the route, registering finishers, serving food and wine and preparing food. They need four or five volunteers starting at 8 AM and going through til the end of the afternoon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to volunteer. Or contact email@example.com. Terroir Run is donating $ 5 per runner to Slow Food the County. Thanks Rebecca and Andrew once again.
4. Great Canadian Cheese Festival - 1 & 2 June is once again looking for volunteers for a wide variety of tasks, including ticket takers, movers of furniture, set up and tear down. For more info on the festival see cheesefestival.ca and to volunteer contact Becky Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Slow Food at the Cheese Festival – once again the Cheese Festival is giving us a booth and we need people to staff it in 4 hour shifts each day. Contact email@example.com if you are interested.