The Falcon Monday Message
Week of September 7, 2015
2015-2016 Campus Big Goals
- Enhance quality instruction
- Create a positive, college centered, campus culture
- Support strong academic delivery through effective coaching and feedback
Character Trait of the Month: RESPECT
STAFF OF THE WEEK!!!!
- To Mr. Finkelstein for demonstrating amazing professionalism during a parent meeting this week and for bringing a unique balance of humor and deep content knowledge to his students, which makes his classroom a fantastic place to learn and explore!!
- To Mr. Lentz for being such a dynamic employee on our campus!! At any given moment, you can find Mr. Lentz doing a million different things (home visits, handing out books, cleaning up and beautifying our campus, plus a million others) and executing them with a smile! We'd never survive without Mr. Lentz!
- To Ms. Dennis and Ms. Usher for instilling the importance of DOLs to their students.
- To Ms. Sims for reaching out and seeking extra support to be able to better serve her students!!!
- To Ms. Weissner, Ms. A. Martinez, and Ms. Friese all for being reflective, solution-oriented and having a growth mindset when receiving feedback!!!
- To all of our teachers and students for understanding why the Learning Objective is important and what we gain from our Exit Tickets!!!! Way to go students and staff!!!!
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
- 5C will make announcements all week (3 students report to Mr. Hall's Office by 7:40am)!!!
- Remember to pass out 0-5 Funders Surverys!!! They are located in your boxes.
- K-2 Teachers: iStation begins this week. Please be sure to check the schedule handed out at the staff meeting Thursday and please BE ON TIME!!!! If you have any questions or concerns about the schedule, see Mr. Burak!
- New Teacher PD: Tuesday, September 8th @ 3:30pm in the Library.
- Grades for Progress Reports are due in Gradespeed by 12:00pm on Thursday, September 10th.
- Coffee with the Principal (for parents and community members) Friday, September 11th @ 7:30am in the Library! Let all your parents know!!!!
- 0-5 Funders Surveys due to Mr. Lentz (Room 101) on Friday, September 11th.
- Remember to have your Exit Slips in the folder by 7:30am Monday morning!
- Spots/Feedback: Group A
- Group A Teachers, remember to invite your administrator to observe your polish in action this week!
- Ms. Bahena will not be having PLCs this week, but Mr. Burak will be meeting with 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade math teachers during PLCs.
- All 2-5 reading teachers will still have PLCs this week! Plan on being there!!!!
- All PK-1 Teachers will have PLCs this week!!!
- Please be sure you are checking student backpacks for returned enrollment forms. Turn all forms into Ms. Alcala.
- Please make sure you are submitting attendance daily in Gradespeed by 9:00am.
- If a student comes in with an attendance correction form, please be sure you note the time and date on the form, then sign and return to your attendance folder.
- Roster verification forms due to Ms. Alcala by COB Tuesday, September 8th.
- If you are in need of any supplies for your classroom, please submit all requests, via email, to Ms. Thompson and she will get back with you within one business day to confirm receipt of your request and give you an update on whether or not we have the supplies or if they must be ordered.
- The new Staff IDs are in!!!!! They will be in your boxes by COB Tuesday, September 8th.