- This newsletter can be translated into other languages. Click the "translate newsletter" button on the right.
- Este boletín se puede traducir a otros idiomas. Haga clic en el botón "translate newsletter" a la derecha.
- Информационный бюллетень можно перевести на другие языки. Нажмите кнопку «translate newsletter» справа.
- Цей бюлетень можна перекласти іншими мовами. Натисніть кнопку "translate newsletter" праворуч.
- Bản tin này có thể được dịch sang các ngôn ngữ khác. Nhấp vào nút "translate newsletter" ở bên phải.
Girls Soccer Team
Girls Soccer Team Spring 2021 at playoff game at Liberty High School.
Cross Country Team and Coaches
Cross Country Team and Coaches from Spring 2021
Members of the Cheer Team
Ready for games to begin.
We will have our first home games the week of August 30th. Check out the schedules that are on the OSAA website.
- Verifications. Athletes need to verify enrollment and/or residence within the district. They also must verify that they are academically eligible. All freshmen are academically eligible for Fall sports.
- Athletes must complete a health history form and athletes need a current sports physical. This is good for two years. The School-Based Health Center at CHS is offering physicals on August 13th and August 17th.
- here are forms to fill out online in RankOne. This includes insurance information, contact information, and athletic policies, etc.
- Then athletes need to pay their fees.
Sports tryouts began on August 16th and athletes must be cleared to participate.
Here is a link to the athletics website where more in-depth information can be found.
Returning Chromebooks and Textbooks
Regular Attendance and Arrival Time
This year we want to make sure that you are healthy when you are attending school and stay home when you're sick. This way students and staff will not spread colds, COVID, or other illnesses to each other.
On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday school starts at 8:10 am. It starts at 9:10 am on Wednesdays in order to provide collaboration time for teachers. Students should plan on arriving at the building by 8:00 am or 9:00 am on Wednesdays to get to their first class on time.
The dropoff line is long at the main entrance to the school. Students can be dropped off at either entrance to ease congestion.
New Bell Schedule
Additional Safety Measures to prevent the spread of COVID
Opportunity for Input: Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
This year, the Oregon Department of Education is requiring districts to have a Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan. Centennial School District is seeking your feedback on its draft plan at https://www.csd28j.org/continuityofservicesplan on the following: mental health needs, communicable disease management plan, isolation plan, mitigation strategies, and accommodations for children with disabilities. The comment period is open through Monday, August 23, 5:00 p.m. We will use this feedback to inform revisions to the plan.
To view the DRAFT plan and provide feedback, visit https://www.csd28j.org/continuityofservicesplan.
We could use additional parents or guardians on Site Council. We meet on the third Thursday of the month from 7:30 - 8:00 am. Participants can join via Zoom if that makes it easier to join.
Gardeners needed - We will be expanding our areas to eat outside. We have ordered many new picnic tables for students to sit at. Our courtyards need some weeding and sprucing up to make them really pleasant places to eat.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Site council or gardening in the courtyards, please contact our Lead Secretary Emily Aleman.
Job Openings at CHS
We also have an opening for a 5-hour custodial position.
These are not the only positions that we have open and there are additional positions open districtwide. Please check out the district website if you are interested in applying for any of these positions please follow this link to "Join Our Team."