Running Club News
May 15, 2017
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! It was our last day!
We had a great last session. It was HOT, but the kids did an awesome job beating the heat! Make sure they drink plenty of water tonight! Don't forget the have them hydrate Friday night and Saturday morning before the race, too!
SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you register your child for the race, yet?
- Please do this step by tomorrow at the latest!
- Remember... you do not have to pay any money for your child, but you MUST log-on to the Fundracers website, choose Scamper for Cancer, and click Register Online, Mail a Check (there is NO check to mail).
- From there, register your child and use the promo code GOGO
- Now they will be able to get a number and a t-shirt.
- If you do NOT register, they cannot race!!!
- If you or other family members wish to run, then you must also register yourself this way and pay the race fee.
Thank you for making a race poster for your child to bring on race morning! They will love to see it as you cheer them on!
Thanks so much for your support!! We have LOVED having running club!!
Scamper Against Cancer Instructions for Saturday!
Scamper Against Cancer 5K Important Information
- Saturday, May 20th at Coolray Field
- Parking is free and easy
- You may wear your running club shirt or whatever is most comfortable for running.
- A coach will be there by 7:00am for anyone who wants to arrive early; please find us after you have your bib so we know you are there. We will plan to be near the stadium/check in area.
- Please plan to arrive by 7:40am at the latest, the 5k begins promptly at 8:00am and you will need to check in, pin on your number, put your shirt in the car, etc
- Remember to drink water before the race!
- We will plan to take a group photo at 7:50am.
- The coaches plan to run the 5k as well, so we will be cheering the kids on along the race course. Everyone will be finishing at their own pace, so a parent/family member should be at the finish line to meet their runner.
- You may leave as soon as you need to after finishing the 5k or you can stick around for the Fun Run... or to just enjoy the atmosphere!
- Questions? Just e-mail us!!