Aretha Louise Franklin
"The Queen of Soul"
Born: March 25, 1942
Awards & Accomplishments
- Sang at the funeral of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- 18 Grammy Awards
- Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Grammy Living Legend Award
- Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Sang at the inauguration of three presidents
- The first female to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The first female and the fourth artist to have 100 R & B singles
This person is important because...
Aretha Franklin is important because she is a talented singer. She has won many awards and performed at important events.
- she is afraid to fly
- she dropped out of high school
- has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- self-taught pianist, who could not read music
Aretha Franklin - Respect  (Original Version)
I am interested in this person because:
She won 18 Grammy Awards. She was the first woman to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.