Mrs. Smit's Kindergarten Newsletter
September 18, 2016
Celebrating Deandre's determination for writing that tricky number 5!
- Monday September 19th Dine to Donate at Dairy Queen money raised will go toward purchasing new instruments
- Wednesday September 21th Library, please return the library books from this past week.
- Friday September 23rd PTO Movie Night 6:30-8:30
- Friday, September 30th – Grandparents Day – 9:15-9:45 am.
- Friday, October 7th – Half Day – Dismissal at 12:01, no lunch served
- Wednesday October 12 Picture retake day
- Thursday October 13 Liger Mile
- Friday October 14 PTO Spirit Day Colts or Blue Day
- Thursday, October 20th & Friday, October 21st – No school, Fall Break
- October 31 Field Trip to Holliday Park more information coming soon
We celebrated International Dot Day by reading The Dot by Peter Reynolds-we used the book to discuss things that have been hard for us to learn (many students made a connection to learning to ride their bike), we talked about being determined, working hard and keep trying in all that they do. We will continue to celebrate everyone's achievements.
Math: We sorted, graphed and made patterns, next week we will work on identifying and making shapes.
Writing: we are learning to put down the sounds that we hear, and to not be afraid of writing down words we don't know.
1:1 This week we focused on using the apps on the iPads as a tool to share what we have been learning at school with home, I hope all of you have been able to connect to Seesaw and see what your child has uploaded for math and for fun while experimenting and learning about digital citizenship.
Sight Words: we, go, an, are
Student Led Conferences
Information about conferences will come home next Friday the 23rd.
Guest readers, our class is pretty popular we are making new friends from all over TCE
Best thing about math is that we play lots of games to learn, comparing numbers with the Alligator Game
Adelyn donated a book to the TCE library
Celebrating Dot Day!
Classroom Wish List
watercolors-we love to paint
Play Doh -we are learning that we need to be responsible and close the containers tightly
Wide mouth jars- to sort and store all our Beautiful Stuff
More Beautiful Stuff-we love to create and build
The 2016 Liger XC Mile will take place on Thursday, October 13th at Hamilton Southeastern HS!! This race/run/walk is for ALL K- 6th grade students in the Hamilton Southeastern School District. School team scores will be kept for intermediate and elementary competition.
Register Online: www.getmeregistered.com/LigerMile
$16 Entry includes t-shirt with all competitors’ names on the back, listed by school! And the always awesome LIGER Logo! Medals for top 5 finishers in each grade- both male and female. Ribbons for all Finishers.
* Online with shirt by Monday Oct 10th, 11:59PM.
* Same day registration available at race site: $20 –limited number of shirts on race day.
Why: To promote health & fitness throughout the district, and introduce the lifelong sport of running.
Where: Hamilton SE High School Cross Country Course---South side of the school property adjacent to the tennis courts and soccer fields. Registration/packet pick-up on soccer fields, or inside closest school entrance if extremely poor weather.
What: 1 mile Cross Country run for ALL Hamilton Southeastern Schools. K-6th graders. Races will run in succession.
Packet Pick up and same day registration 4:00-5:00PM (Arrive Early!)
5:00 K, 1, 2 Female
5:15 k,1,2 Male
5:30 3,4 Female
5:45 3,4 Male
6:00 5,6 Female
6:15 5,6 Male
The Course: The 1 mile grass course will run the perimeter of the elevated practice fields between the H.S. and Fall Creek Intermediate, including the grassland area. NEW WIDER start this year!!