THE BIG LIST
IS YOUR STAFF READY?
- Check our SISD Training Calendar for your campus dates and times
- Online Modules for staff new to SISD through Eduphoria eCourse
- Make up trainings will take place with CTC (video of trainings will be provided)
Make sure your test administrators have the APPROPRIATE MANUALS!
- STAAR Test Administrator Manual Grades 3-5
- STAAR Test Administrator Manual Grades 6-8
- STAAR EOC Test Administrator Manual
- Materials check in and out
- Cell phone & electronics plan - students and staff
- Send district cell phone and cheating letter home to parents
- Monitoring during testing
- Cafeteria plan
- Custodial plan - let them know of any special requests or needs
- Test administrator relief
- Calculators & dictionaries (Jr High/High School)
- Submit a list of your Online Test Administrators prior to your campus training. I have to create their user accounts
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE LOGISTICS OF TESTING?
Enter Special Program TESTING & ACCOMMODATIONS into Test Hound.
- Choose appropriate version of test.
- Enter all accommodations for each test.
- Special Education
- Set up testing rooms
- Assign students to rooms
- Assign teachers as test administrators
- Economic Disadvantage status
- LEP status
- GT status
- SpEd status
- Birthdates, social security numbers, names
- Make note of new or withdrawn students
- Keep a master list for the year.
- Create a system for someone to notify you of new students if that does not already happen.
- Teachers from other classes.
- Rearranging classrooms or labs and schedules
- Displacing classrooms
ARE YOUR MATERIALS READY?
- Scan packets into Test Hound within 24 hours of receipt.
- Make sure you received the appropriate number of answer documents.
- Document the actual number of answer documents that you receive for each test. Include extra blanks from the back of the precode packet and any blanks included with a large print booklet.
- Make sure you assign Form 1 booklets to oral administration groups.
- Assign the test administrator a booklet for an oral administration group.
- Print labels for student booklets (Remind staff that students must STILL write their names on their booklet as that is part of their instructions)
- Make sure you are attaching the correct label to the correct booklet
- Test administrator labels will not print.
Prepare your TEST TUBS. Be sure to include:
- Answer Documents
- Student Authorization Tickets (for online testing)
- Test Booklets
- Attendance Roster
- Room Roster / Seating Chart
- Accommodations Roster
- Test Admin relief & Time tracker page
- Student Sign out Sheet (HS/SSC)
- STAAR Student Break Tracker (gr 3-8)
- Testing Do Not Disturb Sign
- Electronic/Cell Phone Policy Sign
- Test Day instructions and schedule
- STAAR Time Keeping and What can be said page
- Instructions for collection of cellphones/electronics
- Student specific accommodations - Supplemental Aids, Manipulatives, Colored Overlays, etc.
- Calculators or Dictionaries (if required)
- Online Testing Instructions (coming soon)
- Other supplies as needed
ARE YOU READY FOR TEST DAY?
- Think about having TA's verify testing materials the day prior to testing. Makes for a much smoother start on testing day.
Make plans for extended day testers.
- Combining or moving classrooms
- Use forms or checklists that work for your campus
- Materials removed from desks
- Grey Phones on silent
- Computers off
- Instructional materials covered
- Leave a checklist of things that need to be corrected
If something doesn't go as planned...
- Call Mrs. Kissick ASAP
- Incident Documentation Form
- Get forms completed by staff or students before they leave that day, if possible.
- Paperwork should be completed and returned by the next working school day, if possible.
ARE YOU READY FOR IT TO BE OVER?!?!?
Verify all answer documents have been returned.
- Verify as TA's turn in their testing tubs.
- Verify as TA's turn in their testing tubs.
- No need for them to be in numeric order.
- Group them by test.
- Complete the Other/Absent Documentation Form if score codes are changed at the end of the testing window.
- Double check documents (score codes, hand bubbled demographics, form numbers, correct count of scoreable documents).
- Bundle documents for return - class and campus ID sheets.
- Count blank documents & voided documents to ensure your final count matches your original total of answer documents.
- Print Test Hound Boxed Booklet report for booklet return.
- Make sure correct accommodations are bubbled on answer documents.
Enter accommodations into online system.
- STAAR A testers
- STAAR L testers
Shred the following:
- Student authorization letters
- Typed or handwritten responses that were transcribed
- Any scratch paper, formula charts, etc. that have student work or notes
Organize documentation to keep on campus:
- Packing Lists/Inventory
- Sign in Sheets for trainings
- All Oaths
- Seating Charts
- Student Rosters
- Answer Document Count Verification
- Score Code Form
- Consolidation Tracking Forms
- Incident Reports
- Attendance Information
- List of voided student answer documents and why not used