The Cougar Connection
Principal News & Notes May 2023 Issue
Coming Up at Cold Spring
Cold Spring Elementary Phone Number: 240-740-4390
- May 3rd: Green Team Bike to School Day, Grade 3 Field Trip
- May 4th: Classic Photography Class Photos & 5th Grade Panoramic Photo
- May 5th: Grade 1 Field Trip, Principal Coffee & Conversation Topic: Literacy
- May 8th-12th: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 10th: MAPR Grade 3, MAPM Grade 5
- May 11th: MAPR Grade 4&5,
- May 12th: Kindergarten Orientation (No School for Current K Students), PTA International Night
- May 15th: MAPP Grade K&2, Patrol Picnic
- May 16th: PTA Meeting (In-Person)
- May 17th: MAPP Grade 1, MAPM Grade 4
- May 22nd: PTA Reflections Celebration at Cold Spring
- May 24th: Grade 3 Recorder Concert,
- May 25th: Cabin John Visit Grade 5, Spring Instrumental Music Concert
- May 26th: Field Day
- May 29th: No School
- May 31st: PTA Walk-A-Thon
May 5th Principal Coffee & Conversation
MCPS Art Show May 2nd-7th
National Bike to School/Green Transportation Day
Cold Spring International Fair
Friday, May 12th, 5:30-7:30 pm in the All-Purpose Room (cafeteria)
You and your family are invited to the Cold Spring International Fair, a celebration of the diversity of cultures at Cold Spring. If you’d like to contribute, please sign up by May 7th to bring a dish to share, host a cultural display table, sign up your student for fashion show parade and/or a cultural performance, or all of the above!
Please RSVP and sign up using this link.
Current and Future Kindergarteners
We need more kindergarteners! Spread the word!
We are getting ready to welcome our newest Cougars to Cold Spring. If your child will turn 5 by September 1, 2023 please review the following information:
Online registration is now open. Click HERE for the Kindergarten Enrollment Flyer.
Cold Spring will hold Kindergarten Orientation on Friday, May 12th for our newest students and parents.
Academy Child Development
Are You Interested in Supporting Lunch & Recess?
If you would like to volunteer at lunch, recess, or both times, please head to the main office and sign in. You will need your driver's license or photo ID to get a visitor sticker. You will need to wear the sticker while you are volunteering.
The below link is our lunch and recess schedule for the year. Again, we welcome your support!
Check this document which can also be found on our Cold Spring Website, for daily accurate lunch menu choices. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Mr. Legarreta.
Lost & Found Items
We have MANY lost and found items at school. Please make sure to come in and take a look or have your student look for any lost items. We have gone through the items and returned any that were labeled with student names. It is strongly suggested to label your children's clothing, lunch box, and water bottles. This is very helpful when things go missing.
We will be donating any left over clothing to our Cash for Clothing Bin. Please come and check for your things!
Click here to read through important MCPS policies and school procedures.