Welcome to Weathersfield!
The best part of Conneticut
How to fit in
- Don't jump overboard to save a little girls doll; Or else all the passengers, especially the nosy Good wife Cruff, will think that you are a witch because they are suspicious of any woman whom could swim.
- Don't wear a scarlet cloak; people will look at you weird for your sense of style.
- Don't wear a fancy dress on the Sabbath day or else people will tell you to be grateful for her uncle taking in "an orphan from Barbados".
Adjustments coming into Conneticut
- If you're coming from a tropical place like me, you'd have to make some adjustments to the weather. In January the weather can get as cold as 20 degrees. Compared to where I'm from, the coldest it gets is 74 degrees.
- People here in Connecticut don't appreciate such bright clothing, they think its quite odd. To fit in you most likely will have to dress a little more... Bland.
- If where you are from you performed plays a musicals... you cant do that here. We don't appreciate it.
- If you were a swimmer where you were from... don't go swimming here. We are suspicious of swimmers and accuse them of being witches.
Words to use on daily basis
- Tis - It is
- Twas- It was
- Twill- It will
Things I wish I knew before I got here
- Don't jump overboard to save a little girls doll; Or else all the passengers, especially the nosy Goodwife Cruff, will think that you are a witch because they are suspicious of any woman whom could swim.
- Don't ruin the corn pudding for dinner because you are impatient with it... everyone will be irritated
- Don't tell your family that you have been talking to a Quaker, and she has bewitched you, because even if you are joking they'll take you seriously.
- Don't act out a play from the bible, or any play at all; You headmaster will dismiss school, Fire you , and threaten to Fire your cousin as well.
- Don't leave your hornbook in a person that is accused of being a witches house- or else you'll be accused of being a witch as well.
- Don't let your cousins and aunt try on your peacock blue dress, or else Uncle Matthew will get mad and demand to give them back.
- Don't let your family try on any of your clothes
- Don't offer/ let your family borrow any of your clothes.
- Don't wear fancy clothes anywhere but to Sabbath or else you'll get weird looks on the streets.
- Go to school with the rest of the school instead of going to a private lesson with me.I wouldn't have gotten caught with my hornbook.
- Don't let kids reenact a play from the bible... even though it's a bible it is still not ok. Puritans aren't fond of playacting.
- Don't let anybody find your writing or else the will take you to trial. Keep your writing hidden in a safe place.
Stay away from...
-Sat away from Goodwife Cruff because she always finds some way to be more suspicious of you being a witch.
-Mr. Kimberly. If you do not work for him like I do, you should try your best to stay away from him. If you do one little thing wrong (not knowing) he would still fire you.