The Gower Gazette
Follow us on Twitter @MsGowersClass
In The News... Feb. 17, 2017
As you can see, most of our week was tied up with the election. We focused on positive character traits, persuasive writings, and being good citizens. This was a great hands on lesson for the kids to apply what they've learned so far this year. Award's day is next Friday the 24th. I sent email out to parents that have a child receiving an award on this day. The ceremony takes place at 1:20 in the Gym.
This week we participated in a Team Building activity called Break Out Box... The kids were given clues to unlock the box and had to work in their Table Teams to figure the clues and break into the box. I posted awesome teamwork pics on Twitter; check them out! You can also watch our video below the NOTES section as well. It was lots of fun!
In Math we began our unit on shapes. We are focused on plane figures right now and later we'll move to understanding defining attributes of 3D shapes.
Next week we will start looking at rocks for science. There are lots of fun things in store this quarter so be sure to read the NOTES section so you don't miss anything!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
PS- We had a GREAT Valentines. The kids loved passing out their treats and opening them. Thank you for helping make that day special for them and for Mrs. Ratliff & me!
We Could Use...
Save the Dates!!!
- Award's Day- Check your email to see if you received an email on Friday. I emailed parents of students who will be receiving an award this day (Fri. Feb. 24).
- Dr. Seuss Day- We will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday on Mar. 2nd with Mrs. Brown's class. We ask that the kids come dressed as his/her favorite Dr. Seuss character and bring in any Dr. Seuss books they have to share. Mrs. Brown and I have many fun things planned for this celebration and we will be dressed up too! It will loads of fun!
- 120 Day Projects Due- These are due on Mon, Mar. 6. I hope that your child has been busy putting together an awesome project. They always turn out great and I can't wait to see them and hear the kids share them.
- 120 Day- We are going to have a BIG 120 Day celebration with the other first grade classes. Make sure your child comes dressed to school as a very, very old man or woman! Our celebration is on Mar. 10th!
- St. Patrick's Day- You never know when a little Leprechaun will pay a visit and cause all kinds of mayhem. Let's celebrate this day (Mar. 17) with LOTS of green; maybe even some little leprechauns. I will be dressed up for some fun; hope the kids will join in too!