Lowell Memo: Issue #28
May 4, 2018
Published by Lowell School & the Lowell PTA
Lost & Found
Picnic Lunches at Lowell
Lowell Beautification Day
Friday, May 11th 2018 at 3:30-5pm
312 South President Street
Please wear clothes that are okay to get dirty!
Projects: Mulch spreading, weeding, trash pickup, some planting, and rock moving.
Bring: garden gloves if you have them, shovels, rakes, and wheelbarrows if you can for mulch moving
Needs: if you have ferns, native perennials, grasses, Russian sage, or other plants that you are dividing, we would love to add them to our landscape. We'll accept those at any time but email Maureen Dawson-Hurst before dropping off at email@example.com.
Did you know Lowell PTA has raised over $2100 from Cook's Night Out this school year alone??? Keep our success going & join us at Portillo's!
Help Needed! Discovery Day Donations!
Items Needed for Discovery Day
- 3 Pin-the-tail-on-donkey games
- 1 package of balloons
- 2 dozen plastic cups
- 2 packages of candles
- 3 dozen cake size plates
- ZIPLOCK sandwich size bags
- ZIPLOCK gallon bags
- ZIPLOCK quart size bags
- Paper plates (inexpensive fluted kind)
- 2 boxes of rock (ice cream salt) salt
- 4 large boxes of regular salt
- 2 bags of white sugar
- 3 large bottles of vanilla
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows
- 2 large cans of Pam cooking spray
- Large bag of M and M’s
- Large bag of Gummie Bears
- Sprinkles – (all colors; must be new/unopened)
- Candy glitter
- Wilton cookie icing or small tubes of frosting (all colors)
- Ice cream toppings
- Sugar flowers
- Sugar pearls
- Cake decorations (any)
- Small plastic cake toppers
- 16 Round Foil Aluminum Cake Pans – deep ones
- 48 plastic spoons
- 48 straws
- Paper towels
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- New Tissue Paper
- Thick rubber bands
- Glass marbles/glass stone pieces from Dollar Store
- 2 yards grey fleece fabric
- Felt (5 pieces white, 2 pieces of black, 3 pieces of green)
- Fleece fabric (Kid Friendly) – (12 in x 12 in squares or half yards) kid friendly styles, patterns & designs - solid colors are welcome too
- 1 bag of pillow filler
Save the Date: Franklin 6th Grade Orientation Night for incoming 6th graders will be May 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Student Council News
Feed My Starving Children (21 Spots still available!)
Student Council is organizing a packing event at Feed My Starving Children on May 29, 6:00-7:30 in Aurora. If you would like your child to get involved you can sign up and help! This is a great opportunity to teach your child how to make a difference! Space is limited. You can follow this link to sign up!
- Grades K-2: 1 child to 1 adult
- Grades 3-6: 3 children to 1 adult
Jefferson Early Childhood Center Tuition-Based Registration for 2018-2019 School Year
Please contact the school office at 630-682-2474 if you have questions.
We thank you for not double parking on Illinois, in the car line, and in the surrounding neighborhood during arrival and dismissal to keep the children safe. Car riders should remain indoors until they are called; they should not be on the playground. We also thank all families for crossing Illinois Street at the corner. Safety for the children is our top priority!
View the District ESchool Bag!
Student Excellence Foundation
Support the Lowell PTA through Amazon.com!!
Bookmark this page for use anytime you need to shop at Amazon.com There are no price increases or fees for shoppers or Lowell PTA. Amazon funds the program as a fund raising opportunity for schools and organizations.