Dalewood UMC Connection
December 20, 2015
Christmas Eve Communion Service
Thursday, Dec. 24th, 6-8pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
You are invited to attend our Christmas Eve Communion Service on Thursday, December 24, at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary. We will have readings, hymn singing, a song from our Children's Choir and Holy Communion. You are invited to come as you are and worship together as we welcome our Savior, Jesus Christ into the world and our hearts. Please join us.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Our lay leadership committee and the leadership teams have drawn up our budget for next year. Copies are in the church office if you would like one. They have many exciting plans for next year that they will be sharing with you after the holidays.
Volunteers are needed to help cook for Second Helping on Thursday, December 24, at 1:00pm. They will be preparing a Christmas meal for the patients, staff, and families of Hospice. There are jobs for all ages so please help if you can. They also need desserts so please donate if you are able. Charlotte has also requested small metal containers for Cookies to be placed in the rooms of Hospice families.
- Our next Supper 'n Serve will be on Wednesday, Jan 27, at 6:00pm. If you have any suggestions for a service project, please contact Pastor Kyle or Cory with your suggestion.
- Debbie Bryant is asking for your help in collecting blankets for the homeless. She feels a strong call to collect as many as possible and needs your help.
- The next SLI meeting will be Jan. 17th; please read The Present Future before the meeting. All are welcome and invited to join us at the meeting
- Your are encouraged to join a ministry team in the New Year and become part of the exciting plans being made for Dalewood.
- Don't forget to make plans to help cook for Second Helping Christmas meal. Your help is needed! See Serve Team section for details.
- Don't forget your registration for Warmth in Winter is due by Sunday, Dec 13th.
- We will resume our Wednesday nights at 6:30pm for our Bible Study about how our faith intersects with the world.
- Thanks to everyone who came on Wednesday and made a Gingerbread House. It was such fun. We also made and wrote cards to neighborhood teachers thanking them for their service.
- The children's ministry is continuing collecting items for Care Packages. A list of needed items is in the Narthex.
- Through January, we will be collecting hats, scarves, gloves, blankets and tube socks for the homeless. They can be for all ages because some whole families are in this situation and need help. You can leave your donations in the Giving Station in the Narthex and their will also be a list of items to donate in the same area.
We received a check this week from the Kroger Community Rewards program for $121.22. This is FREE money!! If you have not signed up for this free program, please try to do so as soon as you can. All you need is a Kroger card and buy groceries to sign up. You can register online or by stopping at the customer service desk at Kroger's and designating Dalewood UMC as the recipient of your donation. It doesn't cost you anything but a little time and makes money for us. DO IT TODAY!! WE only have 14 of our families signed up.
The Worship Team and SPRC committee have met and finalized the new job description for our Ministry of Music. Please be in prayer for them as they continue their search for just the right person. One of the requirements is they must be able to play an instrument. If you know someone who might be interested, please contact Jay Dawson or the church office.
Thanks to everyone who helped to share the spirit of Christmas this year by helping out in the many projects that our church and children's ministry donated to this season. You were a part of brightening someone's holiday.
- Congratulations to Cory and Megan Martin on the occasion of their 10th wedding anniversary on Dec. 17th.
- Thanks to everyone's generosity, we were able to give $692.00 to Inglewood School to help provide Christmas for the homeless children at the school.
- We pray for Billye Willette who will be having tests, and for Joyce Yates who still sick but at home, Jim Atwell is recovering and Allen Johnson who is having blood pressure issues.