Distance Learning at Jackson
Principally Speaking with Mrs. Miller
Welcome to Week 5 of Distance Learning! Thank you so much for participating in our first ever Virtual Field Day! We love the videos and photos. I have already heard from many students and it sounds like families really enjoyed playing together. A tremendous thank you to Mr. Morris for spending countless hours preparing for our first ever virtual field day and to the entire Jackson staff for participating in Virtual Field Day!
Speaking of Staff...this is Staff Appreciation Week! Since all Jackson staff are true educators, we honor every member of the Jackson staff during this week. Join me in thanking them for their dedication, hard work, and support to help our students succeed. This staff sure makes everyday at Jackson special!
May 11th will be designated the day for you to pick up your student's supplies and belongings still left at school. Please look for a future communication with the protocol that must be followed on May 11th in order to keep everyone safe! Stay tuned!
Please do not hesitate to communicate with your child(ren)'s teacher during their office hours or me at any time.
Stay safe, healthy, and take care of each other!
Thank you Jackson Staff!
Week of May 4-8 Update
- Sack Lunch/Breakfast distribution begins at Jackson 11:00-12:00 (Monday-Friday).
- Teacher Professional Development and Planning Day to prepare for distance learning
- Students can access D11 Choice Boards or other material previously shared by teacher
- The D11 Choice Boards are available by clicking here: https://www.d11.org/distancelearnin
Tuesday, May 5:
- 10 Day Reading Challenge begins!
- Distance Learning at Jackson!
Wednesday, May 6-Friday, May 8:
- Continue to engage in Distance Learning.
10 Day Reading Challenge
Dear Jackson Families,
The Jackson Intervention team invites you to participate in an end of year Reading Challenge from May 5th until May 14th! This fun event provides students an opportunity to enjoy reading and listen to some fabulous books. Students will complete the reading challenge over the course of 10 days.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Each day, select a block on the BINGO card and complete the challenge.
2. Everyone must earn a Blackout BINGO (all the challenges on the Bingo card need to be completed).
3. If you’d like, take a picture of yourself reading and send it to your classroom teacher. We’ll post your pics on the Intervention Webpage for everyone to enjoy!
A parent/guardian will then email the classroom teacher by May 15th to let them know students have completed the 10-day challenge. Everyone who earns a blackout BINGO and completes all of the reading challenges, will be honored in Mrs. Miller’s weekly Jackson newsletter on May 18th!
Mrs. Wynkoop, Mrs. Davis, and Mrs. Johns
Sack Lunch Distribution
Beginning Monday, May 4th, Jackson will be welcoming a Food and Nutrition bus to our parking lot to distribute a sack meal containing breakfast and lunch for students ages 1-18.
Meal service is Monday-Friday 11:00-12:00 in the front Jackson parking lot. (Children do NOT have to be present for food distribution.)
Enrollment and Registration 2020-2021
From the Jackson Library with Mrs. Sobecki
This week I would like you to “check out” an eBook from the Jackson Destiny Library Catalog. This video gives the directions on how to view and check out these eBooks. If you have any questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Thomas' Counseling Corner
If you child is struggling to start a task these are some idea's to help get them focused.
Remember this is not just hard for your child but you too. I hope these tips help you out.
If you need any support - please reach out to be with the information below.
Mrs. Sharon Thomas
School Counselor - NBCT
Jackson Elementary School
· Email: Sharon.email@example.com
· Phone Number: 719-328-5836
· Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 10:00 am and 2:00-3:00 pm
· School Counselor Page on Jackson – D11 Website
- Teachers have "Teacher Websites" on the Jackson website. They will be updated regularly.
- Parents/Guardians-please check the "Student Resource" page on our website for new links with activities.
- District 11 has extended the Distance Learning until the end of the school year for the 2019-2020 school year.
- The final day of new instruction will be on May 15th!
- Our last day of school is May 19th!
Jackson Contact Information
Please remember that all teacher phone numbers and email addresses can be found on Jackson's website under "Staff Directory." (link below) If you call your teacher's work phone number, you will be directly connected to them! Also, feel free to email them or use Remind/Dojo.