Survive in Stile
How to Build a Proper Shelter
Building a Basic Shelter
- Look for a suitable place to start your shelter.
- Take a forked branch from a tree and push it into the ground around a foot deep, with the Y part of the branch pointing up.
- Then take another sturdy branch and stick and strait branch and place it in the Y part of the other branch this will be your ceiling.
- For the tent door place two sturdy branches diagonally from each other that meet at the Y branch.
- Use a rope like material such as vines or young green tree branches to tie together all the support points.
- Create a rib cage like structure running down the main ridgepole.
- Finally cover the frame of the structure with a tarp of palm fronds and cover the ground with palm fronds so you stay off the ground
Another Form of Shelter
If you can find a cave, gaps in between large rocks, gaps in rock spaces, or even in a low dome branch covering Use that instead of a shelter to save energy which will help in the long run.