Updated June 18, 2019
NO HOT LUNCH OFFERED
Our Hot Lunch program is made available to us through our grade school. Therefore, it is not offered on days that the grade school is closed, or dismisses early (even while the Preschool may remain open).
There will be NO Hot Lunch offered on the following days:
- Thursday, May 30 - Summer Months.
Upcoming Closures & Early Dismissals
** Notice: Preschool CLOSES early at 5 PM every third Tuesday of the month for monthly staff meeting and devotions with the exception of the month of May, when we will close early the second Tuesday of the month. Thank you! **
- Tuesday, June 18: Preschool CLOSES at 5 PM for monthly staff meeting and devotions.
- Thursday & Friday, July 4 & 5: Preschool CLOSED in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
- Tuesday, July 16: Preschool CLOSES at 5 PM for monthly staff meeting and devotions.
- Monday Aug. 12 - Monday Aug. 19: Preschool CLOSED for Back to School Orientation and Classroom Preparedness.
- Tuesday, August 20: Preschool CLOSES at 5 PM for monthly staff meeting and devotions.
- Tuesday, August 27: Preschool CLOSES at 3:00 PM to prepare for Back-to-School Night.
Grace Christian School Calendar
Our Grace Christian School Annual Calendar provides important dates in our preschool, as well as our K-8 and daycare (before and after school) programs for the entire school year, July - June.
Click the link(s) below to see printable versions of our school calendar:
Event Flyers & Important Announcements!!
Save the Date! June 30TH 10:00 AM Celebrate Grace Sunday! (One Service)
Farewell to Vicar Dave ~ Pancake and Potluck Breakfast ~ Red Cross Blood Bank
June 30th we will be saying farewell to Vicar Dave and we hope you will join us and participate in the days events:
- The Hospitality Team will be putting on a pancake breakfast on Sunday, June 30th after the 10:00 service and is inviting the congregation to bring a breakfast dish to share for a good old fashioned potluck! We need your RSVP and Erin is waiting for you to contact her at email@example.com or by calling or texting at: 760-690-6084 (The team will be providing the coffee, water, paper goods, juice, and pancakes.)
- We are “building” a money tree for a farewell gift for Vicar Dave. Look for this tree to be in the Welcome Center soon. Please give your gift to Connie Fishl or contact her at 760-803-1722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As part of our 100 year give back we are on the second date of our blood drive (They can only take about 33 a day) If you donated at our first drive, the timing is perfect for you to donate again on June 30th! If you are interested in donating blood and helping Grace give back 100 pints to the community, now is the time to sign-up. Go to RedCrossBlood.org and use our code GLC. If you need help or have questions contact email@example.com or 760-745-0831
Time to RE-ENROLL for the 2019-2020 School Year!!!
Step 1. Log on to your Gradelink account to re-enroll. GRADELINK
Step 2. Pay Enrollment Fee (by 3/29 to receive 25% off of December's tuition)
A Message From the Grace Business Office
A great big thank you to the parents that have re-enrolled your child and dropped by to pay the re-enrollment fee. Re-Enrollment for the new school year is moving right along and re-enrollment is looking very good.
A quick note: If you have a credit card on file in the business office to automatically debit for your school fees, we WILL NOT debit it for your child's or children's re-enrollment fee unless you call or send in a note giving us permission to do so. We will not debit any credit card for re-enrollment fees unless requested to do so.
If you need additional information, please contact the preschool office 760-747-3029 ext. 7119 or 7118 and talk to Ronae or Bre.
July 8th through 12th is VBS time at Grace! We're planning to have a ROARing good time!
At Roar VBS, kids discover that even though life gets wild, God is good. Roar is filled with incredible Bible-learning experiences kids see, hear, touch, and even taste!
Sciency-Fun Gizmos™, team-building games, cool Bible songs, and tasty treats are just a few of the standout activities that help faith flow into real life. (Since everything is hands-on, kids might get a little messy. Be sure to send them in play clothes and safe shoes.) Plus, we’ll help kids discover how to see evidence of God in everyday life—something we call God Sightings®. Get ready to hear that phrase a lot!
Your kids will also participate in a hands-on mission project, through a program called Operation Kid-to-Kid™, that will provide nutrition and good health opportunities to moms and babies in Zambia, Africa.
Parents, grandparents, and friends are invited to join us at Safari Celebration each day with dinner at 5:15.
So mark these dates on your calendar: July 8-12. VBS starts at 6:30 and will end at 8:15.
See registration form below
If you're interested in volunteering for VBS please contact Victoria Swanson.
Your Roar VBS Director
NEEDED: WASHING MACHINE
Our maintenance department washing machine has stopped working. If you know of a free or inexpensive washer please let us know. It does not have to be fancy. firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen Woodward Animal Center’s Summer Critter Camp
Helen Woodward Animal Center’s Summer Critter Camp takes place from June 10th – August 30th and is perfect for students in Preschool – 8th grade. Kids can have a summer full of wonder at camp, where they will interact with amazing animals, create crafts, play games, sing songs, and more. Extended care hours, hot lunch, discounts, and scholarships are available. Click here to register now (daily sign-ups are available all summer)!
Amazing Athletes has Come to Grace Preschool!
Day & Time: Tuesdays @ 3:25pm & 4:15pm
Class Cost: $50/month + $15 Annual Registration Fee
Start Day: Tuesday January 22nd [January pro-rated cost to sign-up: $40 (2 weeks Jan + registration)]
SIGN UP ONLINE HERE
Jennifer Keller, Owner 760-547-3119
About Your PTF
- Projects completed during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Latest items approved, upcoming projects to look forward, and news for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Your PTF Executive Board and Member list.
Amazon Smile Program for Grace
Support Grace Through Your Amazon Purchases
Amazon has a program that will provide 0.5% of your purchases to Grace with no cost to you! All you need to do it designate Grace as your charitable organization. Using the URL http://Smile.Amazon.com search for and select “Grace Lutheran Church” in Escondido. You must continue to access your Amazon account through smile.amazon.com. A portion of your sales will then be provided to Grace to support our many ministries. God bless your Christmas Season!
Christian Living Resources:
For a personal and family daily devotional put out by Concordia Publishing House, you may subscribe (for a small fee) to Portals of Prayer
Please join us in praying for our school this Summer. Lift up the staff, current students, and the students God will bring to us. We pray that God would use Grace Christian School to raise up Christian leaders and unite our community in Christ, so that others may experience His grace!