This Week at Windsor 9.18.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
Thank you to all who attended the virtual Curriculum Night on Tuesday! It was another virtual first for all of us!
- If your child will be absent from school, please remember to call the absence line or submit an online form. If your child attends school in-person, please state the reason for the absence.
- LMC- we still have over 200 books checked out from last Spring, if you have any Windsor LMC books in your home we will have a cart out in front of our main entrance again next week for you to drop off those books.
- See below for an update from the PTA.
- Device Insurance Information, see our website: https://www.sd25.org/Page/1500
- If your child has any medications that need to be given at school such as inhalers, EPI pens, etc, please get the necessary paperwork completed and dropped off to our nurse, Mrs. Carpenter as soon as possible.
- If your child is new to Windsor and you have not turned in the physical immunization paperwork, please submit as soon as you are able or reach out to Mrs. Carpenter if you have any questions.
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend!
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- Wednesday, September 23rd at 7:00PM- Virtual PTA Meeting
- Monday, September 28th- No school
- October 8th and 9th- Parent Teacher Conferences (No school for students)
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.
Mrs. Stella's Station
This week will find your family playing with shapes and symmetry! It's the perfect combination! You can find the information by clicking HERE.
Also, we are hoping that you would take a quick survey for us regarding some upcoming Stella Station activities. You can find that survey HERE.
Enjoy your weekend!
PTA Fall Fundraiser Update: Unfortunately we will be unable to run the Fall Harvest fundraiser this year. We know many look forward to this, but are planning to be back next year. In the meantime, Spirit Wear is in the works and will be coming out shortly so keep an eye out to order your Windsor Wear!!
2020-2021 Volunteer Opportunities
This year may look a little different but the PTA is looking for a few volunteers to help run a limited amount of programs this year. Please review the list of volunteer opportunities and indicate any programs/areas you would like to be involved in or learn more about. You will be connected with the appropriate Committee Chair or Windsor Staff member in the near future for more details on how you can help. Click below for more information. We can't do many of these programs out without your help! Please respond before September 15 so we are able to get programs started.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there.
September 23 - 7PM (virtual) - we will vote on the audit and budget
October 21 - 7PM (virtual)
The proposed budget that will be voted on in the 1st meeting of the year can be found here: