Overcoming obstacles of Dr. Seuss
by; Franki Salvo
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."- Dr. Seuss.
Birthday: March 2, 1904
Birthplace: Springfield Massachusetts
Deathdate: September 24, 1991
Deathplace: La Jolla, California
- Was German so had to face racial problems when he was young
- His father was a brew-master and made a good amount of money
- His mother encouraged him to draw animal caricatures on his walls
- His sister would accompany him and his sketchpad while drawing
- Was 23 when he traveled from Springfield to New York City
- Attended Dartmouth college
- Got caught drinking so was kicked off the magazine team, and used the name 'Dr. Seuss" instead
Obstacles in Life
- Was rejected 27 times for his first book
- World war II was going on.
- Many deaths in his life such as his mothers
- Dropped out of Oxford
How he overcame these obstacles.
He used his knowledge from high school and from the time he was in college to make more books and to make them about anything that was happening in his life or anything he thought of.
Accomplishments in the rest of his life.
- Published over 60 books
- Created short films
- Inspired other movies, musicals and books
- 60+ years entertaining people
- His books have been translated into 15 languages