English II Honors
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that" -Martin Luther King Jr.
Weekly Learning Goal
Students will be able to:
- Understand what inferences are
- Use details in the text and prior knowledge to make inferences
- Recognize supported and unsupported inferences
Thursday, January 21
Do Now: Vocabulary Definitions
Graphic Novel - in your small group,you will be assigned a piece of the graphic novel from "The Metamorphosis." You will create a presentation with the following elements:
- You will read/share your portion of the graphic novel with the class.
- Determine what part of the text is directly being portrayed - you must have quotes and line numbers from the text.
- Consider the following: why did the artist decided to portray the story in such a way? What key details do they depict? What was left out? Why do you think this was the most important piece to highlight?
- Decide what you would have depicted it differently. What inferences about Gregor, his relationships, and his actions did you make that aren't expressed in the graphic novel?