Week of October 11th
Our Relay for Life team will be selling baked goods and taking donations! Please help the Cougars tackle cancer tonight by donating to the cause.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Monday, October 11th
Mountain Vista Governor's School (MVGS) will be open on Monday. MVGS students will be picked up and dropped off at the main entrance of Kettle Run.
Please note: Teachers will be working from home and there will be no building access for students, parents, and/or visitors.
National Merit Scholars
Underclassmen Make-Up Pictures
Upcoming Athletic Events
Monday, October 11th
- JV Football vs Millbrook (home) - 6pm
Tuesday, October 12th
- JV/Varsity Field Hockey vs. Meridan (home) 5:30 and 7pm
- Freshmen Volleyball at Foxcroft - 5:30pm
- Class 4 Golf at Glenrochie Country Club
Wednesday, October 13th
- Freshmen Football at Warren County - 6pm
Thursday, October 14th
- Freshmen Volleyball at Brentsville - 5pm
- JV/Varsity Volleyball at Fauquier - 6 and 7pm
- Competition Cheer at Skyline - 6pm
Friday, October 15th
- Varsity Football at Millbrook - 7pm
- Varsity Field Hockey at Highland - 5pm
Saturday, October 16th
- Cross Country at Millbrook, Third Battle - 9am
- Competition Cheer at Fauquier - 10am
New Tutoring Lab Opportunity
The KRHS Honor Societies will officially open the Tutoring Lab on October 12th. Appointments may be made ONE week prior to the scheduled tutoring date.
The following subjects will be supported:
- Math: Algebra 1, AFDA, Geometry, & Algebra 2
- History: World 1 History & World History 2
- Science: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, & Physics
- English: Writing Center
- Foreign Language: Spanish, French, German, Latin, & Arabic
Any student interested in signing up can access the form during the weekdays (M - F) using the link provided below. Sign-up will open Tuesday, October 12th this week (due to the Teacher Workday on Monday).
- As you know, masks (covering the mouth and nose) are still required of all students, staff, and visitors. We have distributed an excessive amount of disposable masks and our supply is running low. Parents - please ensure that your child has a mask and brings it to school each day. Once our mask supply runs out, students will be sent home if they cannot comply with the mandate (i.e. - they do not have one to wear and we do not have one to provide). Mesh masks are not acceptable
- Students - please be mindful that food deliveries (from outside vendors) are prohibited during the school day
Thank you for your assistance with these matters
COVID-19 Quarantine Information
When a student is quarantined and/or becomes ill from COVID-19, Ms. Brown (our nurse) will contact the parent/guardian (via phone or email) and provide/confirm the length of quarantine/isolation time required. The teachers of each student will also be notified. School Counselors will then contact the parent (via email) to confirm that teachers are aware of this information. The following protocol for quarantined/isolated students (due to COVID-19 only) is being followed:
Instructional Guidelines for High School Students in Quarantine/Isolation
High school teachers will make links available for students to join each class virtually for the first 15-40 minutes of each class to create some synchronous learning for quarantined students.
The primary goal for quarantine students is to see and hear directions and content that will support their independent learning.
Teachers will also be available during office hours at times determined by the teacher. Each teacher will communicate the time available to students.
Please note that this learning platform is only available for students who are quarantined and/or in isolation (relative to COVID-19).
Questions relative to assignments/instruction/course-related matters while students are absent should be directed to the responsible teacher.
To view specific COVID-19 case information, please visit the FCPS Dashboard.
To learn more about quarantine requirements, close contacts, and vaccination information, please review this newsletter from the division.
Please remember that masks (covering the mouth and nose) are required while inside our building. This applies to parents, guardians as well.
Missing Concert Band Attire
Our Music Program needs your assistance!
We are missing 12 dresses, nine jackets, and 10 pairs of pants...this equates to almost 10% of our total wardrobe! Please return any items you may have immediately. If you know a former music student, please ask them if they have anything to return.
There will be no penalties, we simply want the items back!
All items can be given to Mr. Fullard (in the band room) or dropped off in the main office.
The KR After Prom Committee needs YOU! Planning for the 2022 After Prom event has begun!
After Prom event is an event with many fun activities, food, and prizes for all Juniors, Seniors, and any guests of prom attendees. Juniors and Seniors do not need to attend prom to come to After Prom. The event is community sponsored and free for attendees. For more information, please click on this link.
Our next meeting is October 19 at 7pm - we look forward to seeing you!