Tobacco effects on Family Life
By: Maddie Port and Maanasa Chinnakonda
Don't Let Tobacco Tear Your Family Apart
Background on Mom(Carol)
(Doctor)"Ma'am there seems to be a problem. I hate to say it, but I don't think your baby is going to make it through the birth."
(Mom)"Doctor, why?! This can't be right!"
(Doctor)"It seems to have been an effect of nicotine. Ma'am have you been smoking?"
(Mom)"Yes doctor, I'm very sorry please just find a way to save my baby! Please."
(Doctor)"She's gone Ma'am. I'm sorry, there was nothing we could do."
Carol's baby died during birth with Carol following shortly after.
Reasons Why Smoking is Lethal:
- There are over 600 deadly additives used in each cigarette. Some of these are: Rat poisoning, tar, nail polish remover, and many others.
- Smoking kills more than 480,000 people per year, many of which could be mothers. No one wants to lose their mom or their baby sibling, especially not to the lethal cigarette addiction.
- Each day, more than 1,000 kids pick up a cigarette.
- The majority of daily smokers today started smoking before they were 18 years old.
- Most people start smoking because of: parents, peer pressure, advertising, etc.
- Secondhand smoke causes more than 41,000 deaths per year.
- Don't let smoking puff away your future.