Establishing Roots at Beal School
A message from Principal Girardi & Assistant Principal Hoey
Picture of the Week- Beal's December All School Meeting
December 6, 2021
Dear Beal Families,
Last week, we had a wonderful All School Meeting where we worked on transitioning from our gratitude practice in November to the trait of Respect in December. Our message continues to be that we don't stop practicing gratitude once the month ends. Rather, we keep practicing our traits and add on.
One focus of these meetings was the coming transition to the winter months and how to be safe, responsible, and respectful when the snow begins to fall. Very exciting times!
*An important reminder that tomorrow, December 7th is an early release day across the district. Beal students will be dismissed beginning at 12:15 PM. Please anticipate your child's dismissal routine to run 3 hours earlier than a typical day, and please allow a little extra time for buses given midday traffic patterns. Please do send a snack in as lunches are not being served.
Chris Girardi and Shelley Hoey
Substitute teachers and hiring opportunities
Beal School is looking for day-to-day substitutes and to fill other positions. Please see this posting for day-to-day substitutes and please feel free to inquire about any positions bye email Principal Girardi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost and Found
Putting your child's name on their clothes and accessories is a great way to help us return missing items.
Important dates through the end of the calendar year
-Tuesday, December 7th- Early Release Day
Friday, December 24th-Friday, December 31st- December Vacation
'It Takes a Village...'
Information from the Beal PTO
Beal PTO & Class Directory
The Beal PTO is committed to supporting the Beal community and to keeping our students, families, and teachers connected. We will be assembling classroom directories so parents may reach out to one another to increase support and social connection. Please help the PTO improve communications by completing your contact information below. Your contact information will be shared only with your student's classroom, and not school wide. With your permission, the PTO may occasionally use your contact information to send important notifications regarding events and activities at school or to enroll your student automatically in our trusted third-party fundraising partners (Boosterthon, etc.).
Staff Appreciation: Build-A-Bouquet Bar
Let's give the staff at Beal a beautiful bouquet of flowers to enjoy over the winter holiday! We are collecting flowers, greenery and small jars and vases for staff to use as they build their own bouquet on Friday December 17th. Thank you for your help with this!
Drop off: Wednesday Dec 15 - Friday Dec 17th
- Front Office - all day
- Black Top - during parent drop off and pick up
- Media Center- during the December PTO meeting on Thurs Dec 16th from 6:30-8:00pm
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Save the Date: Internet Cyber Safety Class for Parents and Caregivers.
Snack during the school day
Lunch Menu for the week of December 6, 2021
Updates on the COVID testing program
We hope all is well with you and your family and we appreciate your cooperation during the past six weeks as we work on executing the new COVID testing program. Things have gone well overall, and we are seeking improvement in the following areas:
- If you completed the consent form with the intent of only using the “test & stay” program, and you do not want your child(ren) to participate in the weekly pool testing, please email us: email@example.com. In these cases we’ll stop sending testing kits home, so that no test kits will be wasted. When you email us, please give us your student’s full name and grade level.
- Please return all the unused test kits to school in a separate ziplock bag marked as unused on the bag next Monday, November 8th.
- Please click here to view the full instructions for at-home nasal swab collection. Please be sure to complete each of the 9 steps.
- Unfortunately, several test samples have not been processed due to these common errors:
- Test tube is not labeled with name and date of birth
- Test tube is not registered by the parent at the Veritas website
- Test tube caps are not secured tightly and the sample leaks
- Swabs are inserted upside down in the tube. [The swab should be at the bottom of the tube in the fluid.]
SPS COVID Testing Team
School Social Media- Please follow us!
Follow Beal School on Facebook!!!
Our wonderful PTO also has a Feacbook page geared towards supporting families and community. Please find their information here:
Shrewsbury Public Schools Calendar 2021-2022
Frequently used telephone numbers
Main office and child-safe hotline- (508) 841-8860
Beal School nurse- (508) 841-8870
Beal Extended Day- (508) 841-8861
Transportation questions- (508) 841-8363