About Teacher Clicker - Socrative
--WORKS ON ANY DEVICE WITH A WEB BROWSER: Tablets, Smartphones & laptops
Socrative brings smart clickers, student response and ease of use to a whole new level. Engage the entire classroom with educational exercises and games while capturing student results in real-time. Interact with the data to further student understanding in the moment, and review the reports to prepare for future classes. Socrative will even aggregate and grade your pre-made activities! Saving you time, so you can engage more with your students on an individual level. Create a library of activities and share them with your colleagues and learning community. Not a 1:1 school? That’s okay! Have students bring their own devices and join in the learning!
- ENGAGE THE CLASS, MAKE THINKING VISIBLE, CAPTURE DATA, SAVE TIME ON GRADING.
- WORKS ON ANY DEVICE WITH A WEB BROWSER: Tablets, Smartphones & laptops
- Short Answer Questions: Ask an open-ended question. Students respond and all their answers populate your screen for projection. Then ask students to vote on their favorite and watch the results come in.
- Quick Quiz: A teacher paced or student paced activity with multiple choice and/or short answer questions. Results can be viewed question by question and exported to a report that is automatically aggregated and graded.
- Create a Quiz: Design your own Quick Quizzes with our built in feature or import them with our Excel template. Share with your community!
- Space Race: Teams of students answer multiple choice questions in this fast-paced rocket race game. First team to get their rocket across the screen wins! You’ll get a graded report!
- Exit Tickets: Get a quick, paper-free pulse-check at the end of class. All answers are aggregated into a report!
- Multiple Choice: Ask a MC question, and see student responses on the projection screen as a bar chart.
Step 2: Use your user name and password to log in.
Step 3: Have your students open up their student app, enter the room # that appears at the top of your teacher dashboard page and hit the join room button.
Step 4: Choose one of the question types to use with your students. For example, you might choose the short answer option.
Step 5: Post your short answer question on the board or express it orally and then invite your students to respond to the question using their app.
Step 6: The students work on this question independently or in groups. When they are done responding, the students submit their responses.
Step 7: As the students submit their responses, the results should show up immediately on your teacher dashboard.
Step 8: You can share student responses by connecting your iPad to the Smartboard or opening up the web version of Socrative on the Smartboard.
Step 9: When you are done, you can then end the activity, have a report of the activity sent to your e-mail, and provide immediate feedback.