5th Grade 101
Mrs. Harris' Class Newsletter for 5/2/16
What We are Learning
In Science we will be continuing with STAAR review with our primary focus on Astronomy. Students are encouraged to study daily using their Study Guides.
INFO ABOUT THE 5TH GRADE POOL PARTY
5th grade parents, The 5th grade pool party will continue as originally scheduled, Wednesday June 1st from 6-9pm. At this time, we are at capacity for the volunteers needed at the pool party due to the lifeguard headcount ratio. An email will be sent out shortly to those who expressed an interest in volunteering to help with other areas of the party. Heather Taranto Amy Amodio
BizTown is Thursday!
Students need to bring a sack lunch, preferably one that we can throw away and not have to worry about when it's time to leave.
Students will not be taking backpacks to BizTown. If they want to leave them at school, that's fine. We have discussed that they should leave electronics at home since there would be no one in the classroom to watch over them, and they don't need them at BizTown.
Boosterthon and Field Day Orders Due WEDNESDAY
Homework this week
The Science homework for this week is Part 4 Week 4.
- Thursday May 5th: BizTown
- Friday May 6th: Science Parent Day 3:00-3:30 in the cafeteria
- Monday & Tuesday May 9th & 10th: 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR testing (STAAR + schedule change = No visitors)
- Wednesday May 11th: Science STAAR ((STAAR + schedule change = No visitors)
- Wednesday May 25th: Field Day 12:30
- Friday May 27th: 5th Grade Day and Talent Show
- Monday May 30th: No School
- Thursday June 2: Last Day of 5th Grade :( (I hate to see them go!); End of 4th Nine Weeks; Reports cards go home