News of the Week
We had a great week of learning here in kindergarten! It was nice to have a full week together, but I am sure the kids will be worn out!
In Friday Folders...
- Report Cards... are coming home today! Please read the enclosed letter explaining our kindergarten report card. Everything is yours to keep except the envelope- please sign the outside and return in on Monday; we will use it again at the end of the year. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your child's progress. Conferences are in February, but we can certainly meet sooner.
- Our 100th Day of School is on this THURSDAY!!! Kids are invited to dress up like a 100-year old person. We had such a fun time with all the little grannies and grandpas last year!
- You will also find a 100th Day Collection Ziploc bag with your child's name on it. Please work with your child to brainstorm an item that you can fit 100 of in the bag. Have them count as you put them in the bag together!! Please send this in the by Thursday or sooner. We will share our collections on the 100th day.
- Chick-fil-a Biscuit Order Form... if your child would like a biscuit on Friday, please send in $3 cash by Wednesday
- March 9th Field Trip Information Sheet... We will be visiting the Gwinnett Heritage Center for our spring field trip! You can pay the $14 for your child through My Payments Plus from January 13-February 17. If you wish to come along on the trip, you can send in $8 cash or check to me and I will process your payment. All chaperones will need to prepay and then plan to meet us at the Heritage Center that morning.
- Mother-Son Bingo... Don't forget that this fun event is Friday, January 20th! You can buy tickets ahead of time for a discount using the blue form that is in this week's Friday folder.
- No school on Monday! Ask your child what they have learned about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and how he worked for peace and kindness!
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Making reading sound right
- Hanging on to the pattern in books
- Sight Words: are for
- Persuasive Writing
- Learning about numbers that are made of tens and ones
- Objects in a straight line
- Objects in a circle
- Objects scattered about
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **