The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 12, 2015 - Columbus Day
What can we learn by sharing stories from our lives & the lives of others?
Bulldog Buddies Meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 14th, 2:45-3:45pm
- Fall Data Review
- Planning for our Universal Reward: Bullock Disco!
Thursday, Oct. 15th, 8:30am-2:30pm
Small Conference Room
- There will be no BSI support today due to CAST meetings.
Comprehension through Conversation PLC
Thursday, Oct. 15th, 3-4pm
- We will be covering Chapters 4-7 during this session.
The Curriculum Corner: Comprehension Through Conversation, Part 7
In Chapter 7 we move across the Release of Responsibility continuum to focus on shared reading, guided reading, partner/independent reading and literature circles. Throughout the chapter, Nichols provides several examples of read-think-talk routines that are applicable to all grade levels! Once again she focuses on the importance of modeling as our young students take ownership of the reading process and on the role that various charts can play in helping to make this process interactive and authentic.
As we incorporate these routines into our literacy block, consider the implications for conferencing, mentor texts and anchor charts during Writer’s Workshop…imagine the meaningful connections our students will be making as these routines become seamlessly integrated!
To learn more about how to support independent reading routines within the reading workshop check out Chapter 7 of Comprehension Through Conversation, and don't forget to share your own bite-seized best practices via social media, email or in the footer of the Buzz!
Fun in Art Class!
Cross-curricular learning at Bullock: art, music & literacy!
Words to Inspire
Nonfiction Text Features
Informational texts & metacognition in 3rd Grade!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- To Anthony! Thank you so much for helping me with my table this week! (And for the other situation too!)
- To my school wife Mel, always look upJ You Rock!
- Thank you to Aileen for being such a techy, so kind and helpful!!!!
- To all the staff for ongoing concern for the health and emotional needs of our children
- To all of our Epi-pen delegates and MERT team members. I feel so relieved knowing that I can count on you!
- To Marcy and Katie- keep up the good work!
- Yea SOS team, great meeting on Wednesday! Thanks to Joan for getting this started!!!
- Mrs. Young-Thank you for helping with RAZ kids!
- Mrs. Buchanan- Thank you for always listening and being a great neighbor!
- Mrs. Wilson- Thank you for working so well with me!
- Mrs. Brice- Thank you for the lesson this week
- 10/08 - Faculty Meeting (2:45 PM, Media Center)
- 10/14 - Bulldog Buddies Meeting (2:45 PM, Demo Room)
- 10/15 - CAST Meetings
- 10/15 - Comprehension Through Conversation PLC (3:00 PM, Media Center)
- 10/21 - Administrative Learning Walk
- 10/22 - PTO Meeting (6:30 PM, Bowe School)
- 10/21 - Leadership Team Meetings (2:45, Demo Room)
- 10/29 - Comprehension Through Conversation PLC (3:00 PM, Media Center)